“So good we came back ”

Pasta Chef Monti - Street Food Gourmet
Ranked #6 of 46 Quick Bites in Rome
Neighborhood: Monti
Description: Our motto is: The Chef takes to the street! Gourmet in A Box! A place to savour delictable servings of seasonal and fresh food with speed & courtesy. Our dishes are BIO from the content to the container! Tasty.... healthy and speedy! Starting from €5
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We were in an Air BnB just down the road from Pasta Chef and our host recommended we go down. Oh my word, we are so glad we did! They have daily specials and on our first visit the specials were gnocchi. It was fantastic! I had gnocchi, my partner had a large ravioli and we washed it down with 2 beers - it cost €25.
We left Rome to explore more of Italy and came back nearly two weeks later. After an awful meal on our last night at a restaurant near the Vatican, we decided to head back to Pasta Chef for lunch before our flight home. We were not disappointed and our pasta was exquisite. Large carbonara, regular pesto fusilli and 2 beers for mere €21,50.
We absolutely love Pasta Chef and it’s gourmet street food vibe! So head here after spending the day exploring the colosseum for a relaxed meal of fresh pasta!
Ciao for now Pasta Chef, we’ll be back!

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,178)

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Really little place just behind the corner of piazza della madonna with amazing hand made pasta. Every pasta we’ve tried there was an absolute winner!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

DONT go there, waitress was rude, we even dont taste the food, because no toilets there, if i asked her where is the closest toilete she ignored me and talk to some italian friend, i have very bad feeling about this place

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

It wasn’t bad, but I expected much more. It was self service, people were polite. The food was okay,but I wasn’t thrilled. I discourage you from opting the vegetarian choices

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Daily specials are a must. I felt like we more than got a good value for the pasta that is made from scratch daily. There are seats and table to eat but really is a "take out" restaurant. I'm sure this is to get around some of their zoning or permitting laws but the food is top notch! Show up relatively early. Once an item is gone for day that's it until tomorrow. We found the owner and chef a hoot. It's a little off the beaten path especially if you are using the buses and metro but more than worth the journey. Cant wait to come back for more!

Date of visit: September 2017