“Famouse but friendly”
Review of Antica Pesa

Antica Pesa
Reserve with
Antica Pesa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #790 of 12,679 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Description: Giving always attention to meet the changing course of the latest trends, the restaurant has the culinary agility to anchor the current fashion to the heritage of the rules and quality of the food products, maintaining the delicate equilibrium between discretion and popularity. In this way, we assure our guests to be present, without appearing. The original customs officer and the modern host, preserving the historic mission of the place, have been followed by a family known as connoisseurs of taste: the perfection of the proposed cuisine, offered in an ambiance enhanced by the beauty of the great artworks and the meticulous attention for each guest, so to guarantee an exclusive atmosphere combined with the warmth of a comforting familiarity. Our guest, no matter from which movie set arrives, or for how long hasn’t come, is always welcomed with a smile, a shake of hand, a delicious meal accompanied by an excellent wine and with the warmth of the art surrounding this fascinating angle of Rome. We know well that what the body nurtures is not foreign to the soul.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great evening in this restaurant,from begining to the end it was realy nice experience,little box for start,it is famous starter with some roman specials,after pasta cacio e peppe,and after one tagliata and lamb.Everything was tasty. And the special was book of vine,big book with tousends of vine.Great

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to dinner on Christmas Eve, which was probably our first mistake. The fixed menu was five courses of variations of seafood with absolutely no choice whatsoever, so if you did not like seafood, you were not going to enjoy any of the courses. When my husband asked for recommendations for a wine, we were directed to the most expensive wines starting at $500 a bottle. The restaurant is beautiful but a definite overpriced ripoff.

2  Thank Elaine E
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Whilst the wine list is biblical in proportion, scope and presentation it is refreshing to find a wine waiter who doesn't instinctively steer you to the most expensive bottle on the list! Excellent food; superb decor and a friendly welcome. The walls were adorned with photographs of the great, the good and the mischievous. The food delicious. A rare case where an internationally celebrated restaurant lives up to expectation.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I find writing this review extremely sad, as this used to be one of my favorite restaurants and I had frequently recommended it. It has changed and the policy seems to be 'rip off the tourists'
Our first course of fusilli with monkfish was disappointing and there was barely any monkfish in the dish. A rip off
Our main course order of was quite simple Bistecca ( steak ) and Lamb shank The steak was like shoe leather and almost needed a hammer and chisel to cut it. I complained and the waiter seemed surprised and told me it was fillet steak, which it definitely was not. Instead they offered me Saltinbocca alla Romana. What was presented was 2 hamburgers ( possibly veal) with a slice slice of salty prosciutto served on a cold plate surrounded by a cold synthetic sauce.
Although I barely touched it and the waiter admitted that the dish was not te standard recipe, they still charged me for it when the bill came.
This used to be a nice restaurant, it isn't an longer. The couple at the next table were also not very impressed with their meal.

7  Thank David B
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I went here our first night in Rome. The atmosphere and service were great - although it felt like they were rushing us to order. Once that was done, it was very relaxed. The wine list was very overwhelming, but they helped us through that.

This was absolutely one of the best meals I've ever had - I ordered the short ribs and they were unbelievable. It's just pricy. And make a reservation - they book up!