“Completely worth the trip”
Review of Antica Pesa

Antica Pesa
Reserve with
Antica Pesa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #785 of 12,590 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Description: Giving always attention to meet the changing course of the latest trends, the restaurant has the culinary agility to anchor the current fashion to the heritage of the rules and quality of the food products, maintaining the delicate equilibrium between discretion and popularity. In this way, we assure our guests to be present, without appearing. The original customs officer and the modern host, preserving the historic mission of the place, have been followed by a family known as connoisseurs of taste: the perfection of the proposed cuisine, offered in an ambiance enhanced by the beauty of the great artworks and the meticulous attention for each guest, so to guarantee an exclusive atmosphere combined with the warmth of a comforting familiarity. Our guest, no matter from which movie set arrives, or for how long hasn’t come, is always welcomed with a smile, a shake of hand, a delicious meal accompanied by an excellent wine and with the warmth of the art surrounding this fascinating angle of Rome. We know well that what the body nurtures is not foreign to the soul.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant in a great little neighborhood outside of Rome. Both are definitely worth exploring. The food is one of the best we had in Rome. Down the street is a lovely block of bars and nightlife full of locals and tourists alike.

There are newer reviews for Antica Pesa

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been to Antica Pesa on two previous trips and found the food to be great. I took a friend there Saturday evening and found the service to be arrogant and rude. They have a team of wait staff, and most of them seem to be constantly talking to one another while ignoring their customers. Upon seating, we had no less than 5 people come over and ask us if we were ready to order food - we asked if we could order a cocktail and it seemed to throw them all off. Finally after about 20 minutes someone came over and said they had a very limited bar menu (no problem - just tell us!!) so we ended up ordering wine. The food came promptly and was good, but then we asked for another glass of wine and we never did get it. The servers seem to be trained to avoid customer eye contact! We finally requested the bill without the wine or dessert, and when the waiter asked us how it was, we shared that we felt the service was poor. He just kept asking if the food was good, and we shared that it wasn't worth the service - he said "well, hopefully better next time...". Sorry, no next time for us. My advice: Don't go there unless you are 1) a young beautiful woman 2) a young beautiful gay man, 3) a celebrity or 4) a local. I do not recommend this restaurant - better to find a place that is eager to provide a good experience for its customers.

6  Thank Lovetotravel0528
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had our wedding banquet here the night of our wedding a fortnight ago. The atmosphere was great, food only excellent, service top notch and all our guests had a great night. We brought in our own wine (and were charged a €10 corkage fee per bottle, which was steep, but not unexpected). It was the ideal place for our wedding dinner and I have to say that it was hard to fault anything about the restaurant. However, there is a reason why this restaurant is losing one star from me. Here goes. As part of the deal, we paid, in advance €10.00 per person (€400 in total) for the restaurant to serve each guest two glasses of its own wine, in addition to the wine we brought in ourselves. The restaurant never ended up serving its own wine, wine which we had paid for in advance. However, when I raised this with the manager when paying the final bill at the end of the night, he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about, started going on about how the deal was that we had brought in our own wine, and he was "only the middle-man" (from a manager!) etc. It was only when I pulled up a chair and sat down, demanding to see the account and indicated that I would pay what's due, but would not pay for what I didn't get, that he eventually reduced the final bill by €400.00. I have to admit that I felt a small bit resentful that I had to deal with this crap on the night of my own wedding, and that the restaurant were originally quite happy to send me off into the night having overcharged me by €400.00, but for the fact that I was on top of things. Especially already having spent in excess of the bones of €4 grand in the place. All that having been said, all in all, it worked out in the end, everyone had a great time, so no hard feelings. I'm likely to return, but will have my beady eyes all over the bill if I do!

1  Thank jayom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the restaurant is lovely, beautiful outdoor setting, nice service ... but the menu was lacking and the food, while tasty, was nothing special. I think the atmosphere might draw me back, although the menu would not, not to mention the prices were a bit steep for the fare. If you're a vegetarian or pescatarian, forget about having more than an option or two.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I received the recommendation from a friend in Rome, and went for a business dinner there. At first, the restaurant took a reservation for 9.30pm, but they did not mind that we arrived at 9 and seated us equally on the terrace. Food was well-prepared and tasty, and international enough for all to find something of taste. The wine list is a sight to be seen, but with the indexing limitations of any book, so it took me a little while to find a suitable wine. Service was very good, and staff available to give advice. This is an up-scale restaurant, so you must expect prices that are outside the typical range in Rome. All in all a pleasant experience, I will keep the address noted.