“Decent lunch ”
Review of Ristorante Amedeo

Ristorante Amedeo
Ranked #362 of 14,224 Restaurants in Rome
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Description: La cura della tradizione si sposa con l’innovazione creativa per dare vita a una proposta culinaria in cui la qualità degli ingredienti è ogni giorno al centro della scena. La scintilla che ci muove è la passione tutta italiana per la buona tavola e per la convivialità. Ci trovate nel cuore del quartiere esquilino.
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

This was the first place we had lunch in Rome. Food was decent. Menu offered many options. Ended up getting a fish entree and a beef entree. Both were delicious. Menu had English subtitles and they took VISA

Date of visit: July 2016
AmedeoRistorante, Direttore at Ristorante Amedeo, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2016

Thank you very much for your review and for your custom. Our menù is in Italian and English and we also have waiters who speak a variety of languages.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

On our last night in Rome for AIFS Study Abroad, our group had a farewell dinner at Amedeo. There was plenty of seating for our entire group to have a room to ourselves, and it looked as if the other dining areas were spacious as well. The first course was a choice between two pasta dishes or eggplant parmesan (vegetarian option). The eggplant parmesan is to die for. The second course was a choice of veal or chicken. I went with the chicken option and was not disappointed! It was very flavorful and juicy with gravy and vegetables on the side. For dessert I had a chocolate lava cake parfait with wildberries and gelato. The meal was served with both white and red wine, sparkling water, and espresso. We were given a fantastic deal for this as far as pricing goes, too! The waitstaff is fantastic and the owner is exceptional. If and when I return to Italy, I will DEFINITELY be visiting here again!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 18, 2016

Having checked Trip Advisor, we went to this restaurant for dinner. My wife had the potato gateau and I had bruschetta as starters, she then had Lasagne and I had veal shank. All Excellent! Service was very good. We had house wine of Chianti also very good.
Well worth a visit!

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

My family were recommended this restaurant which was close by to our hotel. The setting of the restaurant was magnificent, typically Italian and bursting with vibrancy. The waiter, Marco couldn't have been more attentive and enthusiastic about the food and wine. The food was great and the Tiramisu was to die for. I'll be back next time I have the pleasure to visit Rome.

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

I booked a table (with The Fork) for a friend and I to celebrate his birthday, 30 minutes before they closed for the break before dinner. When I called to confirm this was okay since they were about to close, the staff assured me they were more than happy to have us. I arrived on tone but my friend was 20 minutes late...making that we were ordering 10 minutes before closing, and they were so courteous anyway!

All of the staff were extremely pleasant (and good looking haha), attentive when we needed them and left us alive when we wanted to just talk.

The appetizer (antipasto misto: tempura fried vegetables with sweet chili, potato croquet over a parmesan cheese sauce, crostini topped with mushrooms, another with bruschetta, and 2 with eggplant parmesan) we ordered was PERFECT! It was everything we wanted and even better than we could have expected. The steak was good as well as the tonnarelli with cacio and pepe. But the tiramisu...it was perfectly light and flavored such that we wanted to lick the bowl haha!!

1  Thank Jen S

Been to Ristorante Amedeo? Share your experiences!