“Worth every one of it's 3 stars”
Review of La Pergola

La Pergola
Ranked #57 of 12,362 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of the best restaurants in Rome, if not in Italy, La Pergola is much more than just a famous menu. Its three-Michelin stars - the only Rome restaurant to be accorded such an honour - attest to the excellence of its cuisine. A wine cellar with over 53,000 bottles, a water menu with 29 choices, olive oils and vintage balsamic vinegars from the best producers in Italy, and the finest ingredients to be sourced in the Mediterranean -- all attest to the pursuit of culinary excellence. In the last decade the major Italian gastronomic guides such as L'Espresso, Gambero Rosso, Bibenda have consistently voted La Pergola the "Best Restaurant of Rome" and one of the best in Italy. Since November 2005 the Michelin Guide has honoured La Pergola with 3 stars and 5 forks, symbol of exceptional cuisine and "worth a special journey". Furthermore, the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences has awarded La Pergola with the coveted "Five Star Diamond Award!" Each year the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences, renowned worldwide, bestows its coveted International STAR DIAMOND AWARD exclusively on five star establishments that are deemed to be of pinnacle quality by its esteemed Board of Trustees. The award is the most prestigious emblem of achievement and true quality: an award many strive for, but few obtain.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worth every one of it's 3 stars”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

From start to finish,this dining experience was stunning. We had the taster menu and every course was a delight. Look out for the water menu (about an inch thick!) the wine tomes (the Italian wines alone stretch to another inch) and the choice of salt. What can I say, I had the black Hawaiian Volcanic salt-ace. Don't be put off by the wine, grab the sommelier and ask for his help. We paired wine with our courses and it was lovely.
Highlight for me was when Heinz Beck came over and chatted with us at the end of service. He was genuinely pleased that we'd chosen his restaurant-what a guy!

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Durham, North Carolina
“Pamper yourself”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great food and service. Very expensive! Most I've ever paid for a meal but, I looked at the menu on line and was prepared.Don't order desert they will bring you a silver box with drawers full of treats.Everything is perfectly made, perfectly pretty and perfectly tasty. We had a shared appetizer of pate with apple jelly that was amazing! No greasy pate fat left on your tongue, just kind of sweet and almost pastrylike.I ate the fagotelli and it was good.And the kicker.. We didn't go away hungry.Yes ,small portions as expected for 3 michelins but, plenty and yummy in a simple kind of way. I think that's chef Beck's secret. He really knows how to blend and match his flavors.When in Rome do this if you can afford it! Oh and the view of Roma is Fabulous!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank LETSGOGB
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Incredible!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was my first experience of a three star restaurant and my goodness! It was great!
We were in the staying in the Cavalieri and so we were lucky enough to get a reservation on short notice.
We had the full tasting menu and from start to finish it was fantastic. I would say the only negative was that there was just too much food. There were some things, like the ice cream cones at the end, which were just unecessary and really could have been missed out. I hate leaving food, but I was unable to finish the everything in the little chest of drawers of biscuits and other yummy things, my boyfriend couldn't eat his cheese plate and by the time the ice cream cones came round we were both laughing at the volume of food.
The absolute highlight was the pasta course. I don't know if they also offer this on the a la carte menu but I could eat this pasta for every meal for the rest of my life; you need to try this, it will blow your mind!
There were also interesting presenations such as the dry ice around one of the earlier courses. Wonderful!
The service was fantastic, and the sommelier was really nice and actually suggested a 50 Euro botle of wine which ended up being exactly our taste. Either way, I was quite impressed at the suggestion as normally in a restaurant such as this you will be automatically recommended something far more expensive.

The view from the restaurant is beautiful, as is the restaurant itself.

This is probably the best meal I have ever had. Evrything was perfect (just sometimes excessive).

If you get the chance, eat here!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ilovepeas111
Boston Spa
“All Round Excellence”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

An unforgettable experience. We chose to have four courses rather than the gourmet menu and the standards were exceptional. The bread with tasting olive oil and sea salts was as good as any bread that I have tasted ( and I win prizes for my bread!). All the courses were flawless, both for presentation and flavour. The petit fours were imaginatively presented and created. The wine lists were too large to absorb in one sitting but were amazingly comprehensive. The sommelier suggested a cheaper wine than the one I selected and he was right. All the waiters were very friendly and attentive. The view over towards St Peter's Basilica was breathtaking. Very expensive but worth it and it made my wife's birthday very special. Hopefully we can find an excuse to return!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank raymarks
Rome, Italy
“Flawless food”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Flawless food, as can be expected, at Rome's only three Michelin star restaurant. The Amberjack marinated in yuzu and lemongrass on guacamole with soya macaroon was a particularly interesting play in taste and texture. The meats were all excellent, of the highest quality. The staff were attentive, and we appreciated that we were allowed to share a cheese course as well as the "Grand Dessert," which allowed us to sample more wonderful tastes. This is an old-school experience, particularly the decor and service, while the food is certainly sophisticated and creative.

• Visited February 2014