Napoleon Guesthouse
$362
Palazzo Naiadi(Rome)
$381
  • Pool
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$133
$275
$178
$164
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The below posts that say this place is contaminated with bed bugs are RIGHT ON! I do not know about the place across the street but the Cherry Hostel itself is CONTAMINATED! I woke up and found bed bugs under my pillow and in the fold of my sheets. Bed bugs are a serious issue and can travel with you so easily. I killed 5 large, adult, bed bugs within 5 minutes of being awake. Upon looking closer I found baby ones as well. Worst part?? When I killed them they were full of blood...my blood most likely.
I was in a group of 9 all traveling together and we booked it out of that infested place as fast as we could. There were 5 of us staying in one room and of those beds 3 found live bedbugs crawling around in the morning and the other found signs of them in the mattresses.

The bedbug issue at this hostel is NOT in the past. It is most definitely an on going issue that they have not dealt with properly thereby putting everybody who does stay there at risk of picking them up and passing them along.

The one good thing was that when we wanted to leave that morning (instead of staying another 2 nights like we were planning) they willingly gave us our money back with no questions asked after we mentioned bedbugs.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Dana F
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Although small, this hostel is perfect for me, as it would be for any lone traveler who wants to have all the comforts of a hotel while still experiencing the warmth of a family.

Room Tip: Don't worry about sharing a room with other people, it is a great chance to make friends from all over the world!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Zoro_Gallade
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I would definetly stay in Cherry Hostel again if I ever come back to Rome! The place is very clean...the thing about the bed bugs you´ll read below is definetly from the past. The lady spends all day long cleaning bathrooms, and vacumming the bedrooms. The breackfast is great! The location couldn´t be better! About the staff, I can only say that if you are friendly, people will be friendly. I myself got really attached to the Bulgarian couple that takes care of things there! We shared meals and beers! My stay was perfect, and I can´t complain about nothing!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Luciana8503
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Do NOT stay here!!!! They try to charge you a hostel tax fee, which does NOT exist in Rome for HOSTELS! It exists for Bed and Breakfasts, campsites, nicer hotels, but NOT for hostels! They will charge you 2 more euros every night for every person who stays there. Which is clearly a scam! There are three hostels like this and they are all run by the same people, and chances are you could be relocated to them since they often overbook! Astro Hostel/ Sunny Guest House/ Cherry Hostel. Don't go!!!!

They WILL overbook, and if that is the case you will be sent to their other hostels Sunny Guest House (where I ended up staying because they overbooked) and Cherry Hostel. One night they even overbooked so much, a poor American guy had to sleep on the dirty couch in the common room, and they still wanted him to pay!

It was incredibly dirty, I came back to visit after I had checked out, and when they were checking in new people, and they still had not changed the sheets from when I stayed there. Makes you wonder if they have ever cleaned or changed the sheets!

Absolutely no hot or even warm water for your shower!

Horrible experience, worst hostel I have ever been to, even for the price (I have seen better hostels for cheaper in Rome).

Room Tip: Stay outside of Rome for better options.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Cherry hostel in Rome is located close to Termini station and you can also easily get there by train and subway from Fiumicino airport. The hostel consist of dorms and smaller rooms - when I stayed there it was full of guests. The staff is helpful but their English was not very fluent. Breakfast is included, internet is provided free of charge. Local tax (2 EUR) is applied in addition to the cost of accommodation. Really cheap option but rather uncomfortable for longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends