See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I would definetly stay in Cherry Hostel again if I ever come back to Rome! The place is very clean...the thing about the bed bugs you´ll read below is definetly from the past. The lady spends all day long cleaning bathrooms, and vacumming the bedrooms. The breackfast is great! The location couldn´t be better! About the staff, I can only say that if you are friendly, people will be friendly. I myself got really attached to the Bulgarian couple that takes care of things there! We shared meals and beers! My stay was perfect, and I can´t complain about nothing!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Luciana8503
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Do NOT stay here!!!! They try to charge you a hostel tax fee, which does NOT exist in Rome for HOSTELS! It exists for Bed and Breakfasts, campsites, nicer hotels, but NOT for hostels! They will charge you 2 more euros every night for every person who stays there. Which is clearly a scam! There are three hostels like this and they are all run by the same people, and chances are you could be relocated to them since they often overbook! Astro Hostel/ Sunny Guest House/ Cherry Hostel. Don't go!!!!

They WILL overbook, and if that is the case you will be sent to their other hostels Sunny Guest House (where I ended up staying because they overbooked) and Cherry Hostel. One night they even overbooked so much, a poor American guy had to sleep on the dirty couch in the common room, and they still wanted him to pay!

It was incredibly dirty, I came back to visit after I had checked out, and when they were checking in new people, and they still had not changed the sheets from when I stayed there. Makes you wonder if they have ever cleaned or changed the sheets!

Absolutely no hot or even warm water for your shower!

Horrible experience, worst hostel I have ever been to, even for the price (I have seen better hostels for cheaper in Rome).

Room Tip: Stay outside of Rome for better options.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Cherry hostel in Rome is located close to Termini station and you can also easily get there by train and subway from Fiumicino airport. The hostel consist of dorms and smaller rooms - when I stayed there it was full of guests. The staff is helpful but their English was not very fluent. Breakfast is included, internet is provided free of charge. Local tax (2 EUR) is applied in addition to the cost of accommodation. Really cheap option but rather uncomfortable for longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank krrnadam
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I didn't mind staying here until the third night when i gotcompletely eaten alive by bed bugs. A month later i am still rubbing cream on all the sores all over my body.

The reviews written about this place are fairly accurate, but only the bed bugs worried me. I founf one on my suitcase as I was leaving in the mornig and it was big reddish/brown adult size.

Yes the owner sleeps on teh couch in the lounge room, that didn't bother me. Bathrooms got mopped daily but because they were old they were hard to keep clean.

I shared a room with two other girls who seemed to stay there all the time and the dog slept in the room with us.

I had a key and could come and go as I pleased.

Excellent free wifi connection.

Close to main station but in a chinatown type street.

I actually booked at teh Silvio initially but turned up and it wasn't there and when I rang teh number it went through to the cherry which was a few doors up so ended up there.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank coraliecasey
Reviewed November 25, 2010

DO NOT STAY HERE! You will get bed bugs! The staff is nice but the rooms are disgusting, cluttered, and unsafe. This is the worst hostel i have ever stayed in and would never stay again. In the States, a place like this would no longer be in existence someone needs to call the Italian health department on this place! I got bed bugs in everything, the staff was nice but creepy, strangers come in and out of your room, the beds are in terrible condition. PLEASE book somewhere else!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo