“A jewel”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: Small restaurant of 40 seats, with wood-baked bread and home desserts Located in the psrimo mount of the pawns of roma instituted by the pope 5 (1400a.c.) Of remarkable historical interest.All the dishes are homemade (also baked bread and idessert) Reviewed by leading international guides
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

In every sense. Delicious food, very nice staff and very reasonable prices. Exceptional toilets as for Italy-really. If they had outdoor sitting it would be perfect!!!

1  Thank Simple-refined

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our first evening was so nice that we went a second time, during our stay in Rome. Friendly welcome, fantastic winelist, at reasonable prices. Authentic food and familial atmosphere. Highly recommended. Take a reservation before you go!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

They charged my Mastercard in Canadian dollars at a bad exchange rate, and added a 3 Euro fee as a markup on the exchange rate. I only noticed it later in faint print on my receipt: "I accept that I have been offered a choice of currencies payment" – not true, there was no choice offered – "and that this choice is final. I accept the conversion rate and final amount." Not cool.

2  Thank I_M_Pistov
antonello d, Proprietario at Osteria del Pegno, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

dear sir, I read your review.
Indeed we have had for a short time a pos that 'a machine to perform operations with the credit card that asked if the customer referiva payment in its own currency or in euro currency in our country.
I inform you that unfortunately we were not aware of the costs that she has described to us, 'cause we had not even our bank made ​​aware ..... but unfortunately as soon as we realized, thanks to a foreign customer (U.S.) who explained the costs aggiuntive.Abbiamo immediately proceeded to make us change the credit card machine, and now we have one seam normal operations cambio.lei should know that we were just not aware of it, in fact we had described that car convenient for the customer to exchange this for the cambiata.Mi we apologize again, even if i have no guilt in good faith, and even if it happens again in Rome are very happy if you come back to us to climb and as the 'state subtracted from the transaction (€ 3 right?) from his account or if you prefer I give the sum of my pocket mia.Il small restaurant that now has 18 years of existence to the fullest honest work 'towards tourists who come to visit thanks for having pointed out its happened thanks

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Originally found this on tripadvisor as it was just around the corner from where we were staying. Dropped in for lunch and was not at all disappointed. The atmosphere is wonderful, beautiful painted walls, music and a location just away from all the tourist locations. Had read about he Carbonara ( and I try it everywhere we go in Italy) and I have to say it is probably the best I have had. be warned, it is so rich and creamy do NOT have an appetizer ! Fantastic fried pancetta compliments the rich flavor, top notch. The fresh baked bread was warm out of the oven and wonderful. The others had the gnocchi which was very very good and the arrabiatta was great, especially if you love garlic.

We loved it so much we booked for dinner two nights later. We come to Rome often and this place is a new favourite, very good quality for the money. And Though this has nothing to do with the food, after 3 years and multiple trips all around Italy, this had to be the largest, cleanest toilets I. Have seen, it is nice to see an establishment care about the little things.

Not hard to find, just. 3 mins from Piazza Navona. And when done, go around the corner on Via Coronairi to the Gelateria del Teatro, to die for !

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Found this place by accident when walking between the river and Piazza Navona. We hadn't booked so were lucky to get in. The food was lovely, with some complimentary dishes. The service was good too.

1  Thank Sue8132