“Best meal we had in Rome”
Review of Osteria del Pegno

Osteria del Pegno
Ranked #262 of 12,525 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: Small restaurant of 40 seats, with wood-baked bread and home desserts Located in the psrimo mount of the pawns of roma instituted by the pope 5 (1400a.c.) Of remarkable historical interest.All the dishes are homemade (also baked bread and idessert) Reviewed by leading international guides
New York City, New York
“Best meal we had in Rome”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I looked for simple, local places to eat when we were in Rome. This was on a list of about 10 recommendations that a friend had given me, and was by far the best. It's a small restaurant tucked away down a narrow street that doesn't get a huge amount of traffic. The meal started with freshly baked bread with olives. My zucchini salad, in addition to being simple and delicious, was huge - there was probably an entire zucchini in there. And the pastas were fantastic. Homemade pasta, well made and high-quality ingredients. It was so good we tried to go back there another day but were disappointed that it was closed that day. Service was very friendly as well. It seems to get full quickly, so I recommend showing up early or making a reservation.

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

One of the great treats for my wife and I while traveling is to 'stumble' upon a great meal. We have used a tried and true technique that has been very reliable. I went into a small store to bu some oh-so-stylish Italian socks, and once the transaction was completed, I asked the shop-keeper where she goes for lunch. She was delighted to tell us about a little osteria around the corner, no tourists, great food. It was sensational. It is difficult, though not impossible, to have a bad meal in Italy. This one was truly memorable. It is tucked away on a small street in a great neighborhood near the Piazza Navona. GO! Be sure to reserve a table-the owner was turning away walk-ins the entire time we were there...

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Daniel1805
Herndon, Virginia
“Cannot wait to return”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was fabulous. We were unable to confirm our reservation however the manager was still able to squeeze us in. The atmosphere was lovely. The service excellent. More importantly however, the food was delicious. The pasta was exceptional. The veal and sea bass cooked perfectly as well as the desserts. This is a treasure for which we plan to return again and again. We only wish that we had returned a second time in the same trip.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Susan P
“Tasty pasta”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by the restaurant to have a quick meal...the waiter was freindly and helpful.. We ordered pasta and appetizers they were very good....the setting is cozy, and the area is very nice for a walk... And afterwards we spent time at piazza navoni.. I advise it for lunch

Ballerup, Denmark
“A real gem among gems!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have just spent ten days in Rome, from 29 august to 8 september 2013 and I had my dinner at this restaurant three times. The last dinner was also my last night in Rome. I found it in 2006 and it is still my favourite restaurant in Rome. The atmosphere is very nice and the service friendly, the kind of atmosphere I really love and enjoy. Both the starters, the pasta dishes and the desserts I chose were absolutely delicious. But remember to book a table. Otherwise it can be difficult to get a table.

• Visited September 2013