“surprisingly good”
Review of Il Melarancio

Il Melarancio
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Il Melarancio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,068 of 12,362 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
New York City, New York
“surprisingly good”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stumbled across this place accidentally, so my expectations weren't too high, but the food was really good . A lot of fish options, and you should focus on these (my fish pasta was excellent!) as you can get the others elsewhere as well. Combined with a couple of bottles of prosecco, this was a great place to spend the evening.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Lifou T

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“Great food in friendly athmospere”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Very friendly place with great food and wine. We had several nice evenings there, away from stressful streets and crowded tourist places. I recommend the deep fried baby squid, delicious. We also had very nice sea bass. The best of all was the relaxed athmosphere.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Lars S
Sunnyvale, CA
“Lovely food, friendly service, free internet”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We had dinner here three times during our recent week in Rome. We first were drawn to it because of the free wifi, since we had trouble with the wireless in our nearby apartment rental. The food and friendly service brought us back. The ham (proscuitto) and buffala mozzarella were fabulous the first time, later in the week it seemed that the mozzarella was not as fresh - maybe they don't make it every day. My teen loved the gnocchi with a creamy, cheesy tomato sauce, and my preteen loved the pasta with pesto - chewy, homemade pasta with a flavorful sauce. My husband and I tried three different fish dishes, all fantastic. The lasagna was also wonderful. We don't drink wine but didn't feel the "freeze" that we sometimes get from waiters when we don't order alcohol. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly when we wanted to move to a different table to get better wifi reception. Others complained that the service was slow - um, aren't you on vacation? Relax, enjoy your dinner! We didn't feel that the service was any slower than anywhere else in Rome, and we felt welcome to stay as long as we wanted, even after we were done eating and were just checking facebook and email.

• Visited June 2011
Blaine, Minnesota
“good food, but service a little slow”
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We at here just tonight, and the food was good enough that I am coming back to write about it immediately. I had the Trofie Pesto and my husband the homemade pasta with shellfish for main courses...we were both very pleased. We also had the Calamari for an appetizer and we were both in love with it. The prices were reasonable for the area. The only reason we would not give it a 5 is that as others have stated, the service was slow.

Cranbrook, United Kingdom
“Good food excellant value”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Small restaurant in a side street, not impressive from a visual aspect but full of locals and this decided my wife and I to give it a try. Sat outside and had an excellant meal with friendly service if a little slow. They were full and I believe the delay was kitchen capacity as they had a large party inside. We would have gone again but we were on a short trip.