“This Roman cuisine is sustinent, nothing more”
Review of Lo Scopettaro

Lo Scopettaro
Ranked #432 of 12,676 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Testaccio
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The plus - Welcoming owner and staff.
The minus - Basic food of little innovation.
This is a small restaurant on the bank of the Tiber with very basic decor. Most clientele were locals.The owner and crew were very friendly. We had Roman Style Artichoke, Roman Style Beans and Prosciutto with Mozzarella cheese. Mains - Roman style pasta and Ravioli. There is not much to say about the food as we could not find it enjoyable, merely sufficient. House wine was mellow. The bill was around 50 Euro for two.
In conclusion, the Roman cuisine we had in this restaurant was not something I would look for. However, this may be a matter of taste.

1  Thank arnonagmon

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I chose Lo Scopettaro at the suggestion of this website for our recent city break to Rome. Perhaps my husband and I might not have been as disappointed had it been our first meal out in the city. Sadly, I even reserved a table. The best I can say is touristy and adequate. We were seated at a small table downstairs. In the middle section. Other tables were available here and upstairs. The service was ok. The food good. We did enjoy the antipasti and Roman style artichoke. Would I go here again? No.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were in Rome for just a week recently but could not resist eating here twice. The restaurant is small and was full each time we dined but it is worth making a reservation for. On our first visit we accepted the host's suggestion that we put ouselves in their hands and we were very glad we did. The mixed antipasti were delicious, with the freshest, creamiest mozzarella I have ever had and beautifully prepared artichokes. Three dishes of pasta followed; each worthy of praise but particularly the gnocchi, which were light and melt in the mouth. We were feeling pretty full by now and so skipped the meat course and moved straight to a trio of desserts, of which the tiramisu was divine. On our second visit we wanted to try some of the house recommended meat dishes, and they didn't disappoint. I had a delicious Saltimbocca, with flavours that really did leap and my husband enjoyed the abbacchio alla cacciatora, which was meltingly tender. I had a baked apple with caramelised red wine reduction for dessert and the flavours were intense and luscious. We drank a really nice Sangiovese both nights. The staff was friendly, the place was simple but clean and cosy and it felt as though your custom was valued but also that they were keen to show you their skills and the quality of their ingredients. Great value and highly recommended.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

An italian friend introduced me to this restaurant, and told me to try their carbonara- i fell in LOVE! On another weekend in rome, i took two friends to try it and ,as i expected , they loved it too. The staff is so lovely, the food is simply delicious and the experience is a must. Buon appetito a tutti!

1  Thank Laraboufadel
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was the best carbonara experience in my entire life! Apart from the delicious antipasti, the warm welcome and the great house wine, it is simply an absolute must!!!!!!