“good food and people-watching, but service could be better”
Review of Gasparone

Gasparone
Ranked #9,533 of 12,973 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trevi
Description: A quait and historic restaurant, located between Quirinale hill and legendary Trevi Fountain, decorated with prints by Piranesi, Pinelli and Rossini to reproduce the atmosphere of Rome in '800. In the warm season you can seat outside, in one of the prettiest corners of ancient Rome. Choose among tasty roman specialities on the daily menu: an ample assortment of appetizers from the buffet, delicious pasta, fresh fish and roast meat.Does not use the pizza As dessert enjoy our home made "Tiramisù"
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I ate our first dinner in Rome at da Gasparone. We had just been to the Trevi Fountain and were walking back to our hotel when we got stopped to look at a plate of lasagne a customer at da Gasparone was eating. We decided to look at the big placard menu and the waitress (and the lasagne!) talked us into eating there. It's on a small side street called Via in Arcione that's teeming with pedestrians, so the people watching was entertaining (sit outside on the street, not inside, if you like people-watching). Even more entertaining was watching the waitress hustling people! We actually did not have the lasagne but had a great penne pasta with zucchini and gorganzola - YUMMY! The vegetable plate we ordered was disappointing (a sad sampler of cooked vegetables/potato/frittata). After hustling us into our chairs, though, the service was less than adequate. I would rate the food lower than the typical side-street restaurants, which tend to be better than the main drag touristy restaurants.

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We arrived just before 11 at night and since most of the restaurants were starting to close, we took what we could get. Food was okay (I had the rigatoni amatriciana and the ossobuco) and prices were what you'd expect from a resto two blocks from the Trevi Fountain (€10-15 for starters and 1st plates, €15-25 for 2nd plates). Not terrible, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

went to the trevi fountain and while in the area decided to get a bite to eat , and wish i never !!!! overpriced, tasteless , empty ( wonder why? ) got to be the worse restaurant we have ever been too!!!. and if you think im kidding when your in the area just look at all the other places to eat and count how many people are in there then look at this place, and believe me you wont need an calculator!!!!

3  Thank honesti
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We broke our cardinal rule by eating here: never do restaurants near tourist landmarks. We got what we deserved. The food was nonna cooking but the price is extortionate! I had tripe and pasta in a cheap black pepper sauce and it was over 20euros at lunchtime. You need to put in the effort and find a better restaurant away from the tourist flypaper that is trevi.

1  Thank JDougl
Reviewed July 19, 2012

So we walked in and there were barely any people there. Took that as a bad sign. But there was a table reserved so I thought it would be okay. We were seated promptly but weirdly. The menu selection was small. I ordered an appetizer and a main course, so did my step mom. My appetizer was pretty good but the bread was hard as a rock. Eventually our main courses got to us. Mine was supposed to have shrimp in it, there were only two. And they were little. The vegetables in it were old looking and they tasted gross and slimy. The noodles were not cooked thoroughly. And, after trying to bite into a "noodle" for a good minute, I found out that it was a rubberband! The waiter was shocked when he saw it but did nothing to fix the situation. I barely ate any of my dinner and was done after that rubberband finding. They didn't take anything off our bill but when our bill came, we found there was a hidden fee of just going to the restaurant of 2 Euros per person. The food sucked and I was still hungry after we left.
And by the by, the fans in the restaurant sound like they're gonna fall after any second and there is mold on the ceiling. A lot of it.
DO NOT GO!