“Great Food”
Review of Mastro Ciccia

Mastro Ciccia
Reserve with
Mastro Ciccia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #436 of 12,590 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: Located in the heart of Rione Parione, 100 meters from Piazza Navona, Mastro Ciccia is a traditional Restaurant thought for citizens and tourists.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We found this little place using Rick Steves' tour book for the first time. The food was great which gave Rick great credibility with us. We ordered basic Italian, pasta and meatballs and pasta and pesto. Outside seating was available in the crowded street in front or the less crowded side street. We took the side street and to our amazement, cars and scooters drove right by us while we ate. After a short talk with the owner, he sent out some homemade after dinner cordial for us to enjoy. The service was very good and the price was right.

There are newer reviews for Mastro Ciccia

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had our dinner here last day in Rome.We sat outside so we could see the street life.We had ordered 2 pasta , a pizza and 1/2 lt of red wine.The food was very tasty the portions big.The prices was reasonable ( 34 euros ) especially considering the fantastic location ( Small beautiful street just around piazza Navona ).

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our last nit in Rome & we wanted good pizza & wine. We found it here. The caveat is make sure you get the attention of the waitstaff, once gey undstand you want service, they tend to understand. The mozzarella fritte was a good appetizer. If you are hungry, plan to order a starter before your pizza arrives as it is not fast food. Piazza marghareta & piza diavola were very good. 2 glasses of wine each. Several wine by the glass selection both red & white. Tiramisu was very good. Creamy and not too cake like. Food was €29. Wine was €20.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I went to Rome in 2009 and visited a restaurant in the Piazza Navona there that was a bit costly but the food was great. Well I thought that I had an excellent memory, and maybe I do when it comes to directions, but I couldn't really seem to remember this place. Then I looked on Trip Advisor and found Ciccia Bomba and thought that this was the restaurant I had visited. Well, okay, it wasn't at all but it was in the same neighbourhood.

This pizzeria is much brighter and larger than the other place but to its credit the food here is equally as wonderful. I ordered the Entrecote and boy oh boy, was that one deliciously prepared
piece of meat. And the house red was delicious. My friends had the swordfish and they also thought it was great. And for what we all ate and drank, this was one sweet deal for a trendy touristy area of Rome.

I can only say that if you get to the Piazza Navona area and want a great meal with great value for your buck, This is the place to go.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We came here twice on our 3 day stay in Rome - once for dinner, then again for lunch. Easily the best meal we had in Rome - twice!

At dinner we had pasta - I had the rigatoni all'amatriciana (red sauce with bacon) and my fiancee had the rigatoni carbonara. Don't be fooled - Italian carbonara is not like the stuff in America. No (or very little) cream used - it's all egg, bacon & peppery goodness. Our pasta was done perfectly al dente. The guys sitting next to us had pizza which smelled amazing so we went back the next day.

And we're so glad we did. The pizza is fantastic. Crust is cruncy & thin and done perfectly. One pizza feeds a hungry person or share one with an appetizer for something lighter. They have some outdoor seating which is great for people watching.

This restaurant is located a block off Piazza Navona - easy to get to, but not touristy. Both days we sat at our table for over 2.5 hours - eating, drinking, people watching. The staff was the perfect blend of helpful but also left us alone. Like all other Italian restaurants - you'll need to ask for your check when you're ready to go. But you won't want to leave - I would've slept in the kitchen for another pizza and rigatoni.