“When in Rome.. Do as the Romans do...”

Angelino Ai Fori dal 1947
Reserve with
Angelino Ai Fori dal 1947 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,212 of 13,067 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The strawberry daiquiris and the vodka sours are amazing! Top service from Tony, a.k.a Sami!! I ordered the the Conchiglie "ai fori" which was just simply amazing!! My friends ordered the Amatriciana and the Lasagna casarecce al forno. Best food ever! Service is fantastic. Highly recommend coming to this restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,876)

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited this evening for dinner and had a great experience - thanks to Valter our waiter and the team.

It was mostly seamless operations from what we could observe - we were promptly seated, orders taken and starters arrived. I had the bruschetta and my husband had the antipasti both plates were cleared swiftly and comment Amadeus on the fresh ingredients. For main course they arrived just as we were finishing our starters not great timing as an interlude would have been nice.

Nevertheless mains were both lovely I opted for amatriciana pasta and hubby a pizza. We waited a few minutes for plates to be cleared and then a few minutes longer for dessert menus that were delivered once requested. We selected the sorbetto limome (house dish) and it was lovely although slightly in liquid form which made me think there had been a delay on delivering to our table. Tasty though and would recommend! We finished with an amaretto instead of coffee and it went down a treat.

Overall food was tasty, service was good (lovely waiters and seemed to enjoy their work) and good value - we paid €70 for three courses, bottle of wine, water and shots of amaretto. We had missed lunch so were starving hence the massive meal :) would recommend.

Bonus is that it's a few mins walk from the colleseum so great location come night or day if you're looking for tasty food in that area.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I went here after a long day of visiting Colosseum, Forum, Palatine and Capitoline Museums and it's very well situated if you're visiting any of these attractions. There were a lot of tourists so I was a little cautious (normally the best sign of good food is lots of locals!) but we were pleasantly surprised.

We had an excellent waiter who spoke excellent English but helped with our faltering attempts at Italian, and had a great sense of humour. Pizza was nice and good price, and had a nice Wine at good price too.

I'm not sure other visitors were getting

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Having visited this restaurant 2 years ago, we once again had excellent meals! The waiters were cheerful and funny which made us feel very welcomed. The service was great and the food was of an excellent quality. Having tried other restuarants in Rome, this one is certainly our favourite. The restaurant is in a good location (nr the Roman Forum) providing a great place to relax and to have a superb meal!

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate at this busy restaurant last night as it was close to our apartment. We were attracted to it because it was busy, which is often a good sign. Our welcome was OK and we were shown to our table and given menus. Having made our choices, we were told that two of the items weren't available and as this was early evening and something so universal as chicken, we were a bit surprised. However, we made alternate choices, by which time the waiter was busy chatting to a colleague and not paying us any attention. The drinks and food duly arrived and they were fine, but my wife wanted some salt for her meal and despite a group of four waiters chatting together nearby, we couldn't catch their eye, so I went and got the salt myself. At one point during our meal, another group of waiters set up their group chat right alongside our table and it felt very invasive. I was about to ask them to move when they did so anyway. We saw one or two waiters on other tables doing an excellent job - all smiles and good service, which is what you expect and normally get in Italian restaurants but ours was going through the motions in a fairly distracted way. The food was good, if a little pricey - 85€ for 3 courses for me, 2 for my wife, half bottle of house red, one coffee and a liqueur - but we were very disappointed with the whole experience.