“Awesome hospitality and wonderful variety of food”
Review of Corsetti 1921

Corsetti 1921
Reserve with
Corsetti 1921 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #798 of 13,066 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Description: Rome is a city that offers a piece of history on every corner and Corsetti 1921 is a place that could tell much of the past, especially the Roman culinary tradition: it is a restaurant where the kitchen is a guarantee of quality and tradition. The friendliness and professionalism of the managers Mirta and Gaia Corsetti together with an accurate and elegant reinterpretation of space have made it a real landmark for all visitors to the Eternal City.
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The atmosphere and food variety are wonderful at Corsetti. This ensured every member of our large party enjoyed their dinner. Even better, was the experience we had with the Corsetti staff. Our story:
My wife, son (17) and I came to Rome to visit our daughter, who is living in the Trastevere district studying architecture abroad. After a long night and long day of travel, I went to a neighborhood market to get groceries; but, as most know, could not find ice. A local recommended to try bars or restaurants. After striking out at a bar I went to Corsetti where they gave me a large bag of ice that has lasted 5 days and refused to take any money. The menu and dining room were inviting so I shared with my daughter we should go dine at Corsetti during our stay. It turns out she and others had already been there - and they loved it because it had not only great Italian food; but some other delicious choices. My daughter was right. Thank you Antonio, Henry and your team for a wonderful Rome experience.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Based on the food, this place was amazing! But when I go to a restaurant, I'd like to enjoy the experience as well... We went on the weekend for a friend's birthday, bringing a cake along for her (keep this in mind, will come up later!).
The table we were given was right next to the door, resulting in a continuous draft from the wannabe rendy clients rushing in and out for cigarettes and the manager regularly standing in the door and looking out for minutes at an end. Outcome: three of the eight people there ended up seriously ill the next week - not a bad percentage!
The wait staff was the typical pushy waiters you'd expect from a tourist trap in the centre of Rome. In a more expensive restaurant, I'd rather not have the waiter push the "mixed seafood starter" on me three times in a row... it's insulting the first time and after I repeatedly tell you that I'll make up my own mind and won't go for your canned money-maker, it just becomes aggravating.
Apart from the rudeness of the waiters (there were two alternating jokers, what we'd term "burini"), there were mor subtle touches well below the standards this restaurant thinks itself at: spilling wine on the table when pouring the first round, filling most glasses apart from one or two (at least that added the charm of waiting to see who'd be forgotten the next time), not providing cutlery for the next course after having cleared the table (luckily we were sqeezed next to the cuttlery cupbourd and I'm not that shy), having three people order the same dish and serving one of them 20 minutes after the rest... you get the picture.
What I thought would be the final straw came when, at the end of the meal, the waiter asked loudly if we wanted any dessert. Then asked again. Cue the embarrassed/resigned explanation that no, we'd brought a cake for our friend and it would be great if they could just bring that out for us...
That said and done, of course there was no way of cutting it (turn around to the cutlery cupboard and help yourself to a knife), nor were plates provided (this time around, ask the waiter, wait for the plates and then amuse yourself at the sight of the birthday girl trying to figure out if she's supposed to eat the cake from it's packaging or if she'll be given a plate too).
Finally, and somewhat predictably based on the glizzy chainsmokers strolling in and out past our table, the finaly humiliation of an overly inflated bill. I may not be a fishmonger, but I'm pretty sure that, at supposed 6 Euros per 100 grams, it takes one hell of a fish to come up to 32 Euros with hald a tail end (trust me, that was not more than a quarter of a fish on the plate).
Overall, the quality of the food was great and the chef has to be commended. The portions were passable, at best. The service a disaster. The atmosphere: you choose - cramped and drafty hell-hole or wannabe glizzy hang-out (picture sequined dresses three sizes too short and 12 inch stillettos... I'm so proud of our Italian tradition of style!).
I don't really blame the owners, as there was no sign of either "gaia" or "mirta" who, according to the restaurant's web-site own the place. Well, maybe a bit... if the manager of my restaurant spent the better part of his time there renting out his holiday lets on the phone, while standing aimlessly in the doorway for the remainder, I'd probably consider a personnel change.
One last comment, promise!!! Another touch of real class is when the waiter comes out of the men's room and you then find his half-smoked cigarette bud floating in the un-flushed toilet... at least it explains the smell in the bathrooms.

1  Thank FCK1
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Good food and a well furnished restaurant. I went out with some friends and we felt awesome!

1  Thank MrDans
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Located in a charming piazza, Corsetti has great cuisine in an elegant modern setting. It is not new--a friend told me his grandfather dined here-- but they have honed their cooking over the years. I had pasta with seafood and white sauce (calimari, shrimp, mussels, and tiny clams), roasted vegetable antipasti (excellent eggplant, zucchini, radicchio, onions, tiny tomatoes and endive), and for dessert, pans cotta con Carmella. Great wines. Indoor and outdoor dining.

1  Thank Patsy1940
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My wife and I ate at this restaurant on two occasions during our recent stay in Rome. Trastevere overall struck us as a bit of a tourist trap, and this restaurant, slightly away from the centre of the area, was a little quieter which was very welcome. The food was competently prepared on both occasions and was a reasonable price for Rome, and we couldn't fault the staff who were very attentive and friendly, and made my wife laugh. A handful of the wines on the list were also offered in half bottle sizes which was handy. Overall not fine dining, but decent food at a fair price with great service, if you need somewhere convenient in Trastevere.

1  Thank MrandMrsKirbs

Been to Corsetti 1921? Share your experiences!