“Excellent Thai restaurant for Roman standard.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thai Inn

Thai Inn
Ranked #3,296 of 12,045 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Monteverde
Dresden, Germany
“Excellent Thai restaurant for Roman standard.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I've been to the Thai Inn and other Thai restaurants in Rome several times and I can say, given the very limited choice in Asian Food in Rome, this is one of the best restaurants, definitely the best Thai I've eaten in Rome, even if it does not compare to good Thai food in other places. The staff and I asume the cooks are Chinese, but they do their best. I like the cosy atmosphere, especially in the wintergarden in the back of the restaurant. I had different vegetarian curries and vegetarian Tom Kha soup. I can recommend it, especially the one with aubergines. The dumplings as starter are not self-made and I the one I got was still frozen inside. But they are still decent. Expect to pay around €7 for a vegetarian curry (which is enough to share for two if you have a starter) and €2 for the rice on top. The soup was €5. Not cheap, but again, it is Rome. They also offer take-away. The staff is very friendly and quite attentive. Oh, and they are ONLY open for dinner.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Andrea279

Rome, Italy
“THE BEST THAI IN ROME AND NOT ONLY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Chinese restaurants are the easiest thing to find and nothing quite beats those hangover blues like a good one. But having heard about this thai restaurant we went as a huge group to check the hype. It did not let us down. The staff who are all Thai, are the most genuine, generous and kind people you would wish worked at every restaurant. I am not a connoisseur of Thai, but after my 8 or possibly 9th trip I feel quite cultured in their cuisine, having tried as many new dishes as possible. Their sticky sweet beef is delicious and a favorite, as are their dumplings but if I can be honest, you really can taste that the ingredients are fresh and made on the day. A truly positive and pleasant meal each time I have been. If you fancy a change from Italian one night, hope the tram to Monteverde, you won't regret it.

• Visited August 2011
Rome, Italy
“Exquisite in every way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

I simply can't understand the one bad review on one of my favourite restaurants in Rome. (By the way, eggplant is just the American word for aubergine,). I can assure you that the owners are Thai, and this restaurant is treasured by all those who know anything about Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian cuisine. The Malay embassy staff eat there, so they should know!

From the moment you are welcomed with a friendly bow and greeting, you are in a world of delights. The decor is lovely, and the food amazing. The chef apparently knows how to cook over 1,000 dishes!

Pricey? We usually pay around 60 - 80 euros for a meal for two with wine. I love the crab dishes, but if you have any questions just ask the staff, they are delighted if you show interest. What is really cute is that you have to write down the number of the dishes you want yourself, I guess this cuts down on misunderstandings and getting lost in translation!

I do recommend booking, as it's a badly kept secret for those in the know. Try to get a few of you together, as it's such fun tasting all the different dishes.

1 Thank marina999uk
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Good Thai food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

I've been to this restaurant several times and always had a good experience.
It is located outside the city center but still in a easily reachable area.
The padtai is really good and prices are ok.
If you are tired of eating pizza, pasta & co take a break and give it a try!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Worst green curry I had...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2008

Worst green curry I had in my life. Since they can't find the basic ingredients it has been made the "Italian way": sliced aubergines rather than eggplants (they taste and look like mushrooms) missing flavour, and it's miles too spicy to cover the tasteless flavour indeed. I dunno if it's run by Thai people but, based on the menu items, it looks the typical Chinese run business. Khop khun khap but I pass...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook