“The service was excellent I will recommend to my friends”
Review of Hotel Centrale

Hotel Centrale
Ranked #646 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Sofia
“The service was excellent I will recommend to my friends”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Very cleaness, very helpfull personal to the Front Desk.
Fantastic ! Fantastic ! Not Expensive hotel !

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank IrinaSofia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Centrale is easy walk from Spagna Metro Stop (Spanish Steps) if arriving at Termini, Rome's large train station but sidewalks are narrow on the busy shopping street of Via del Babuino. Location of hotel on Via Laurina is very close to Piazza del Popolo, so if you end up walking north on Via del Corso toward Popolo you will get there. My room was small and very dark - lighting is not great if you have to keep the window closed. Water pressure good, AC worked, linens clean and bathroom amenities fine. Breakfast room very nice; yogurt, juice and coffee, cereal and plenty of fattening pastries as well as lots of fresh fruit to select from. Free internet computer available for use off the breakfast room was greatly appreciated. At Reception Carla and Max are both very helpful and friendly. There is a pizza bar across the street for an inexpensive slice and beverage if you are too tired to walk further afield. When booking my 3-Night stay in May I had asked for top floor to have views and daylight, but did not get that. It was easy for me to hop up and down the stairs just one flight to my room, but I was given one of the smallest rooms in hotel. The bed dominated the space and there was nowhere to sit, so I sat down in the lobby during rainy weather when I wanted to read materials. There is a nice filtered water machine in the breakfast room where you can fill up your water bottle, so that was a big plus for me after long, hot walks in the city. You can walk to Vatican Museums in about 20 minutes from hotel. I walked to Colosseum but you might want to take Metro to save your energy for the extensive walking around Palatine Hill. Hotel also convenient location to Borghese Galleries/Garden.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank ChiWind
Chicago
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I spent 6 nights at Hotel Centrale in March 2009 and would stay there again if I return to Rome. The location is unbeatable, on a quiet street off the via del Corso. Three blocks from the Spanish Steps, a few blocks south of the Piazza de Popolo, minutes from the Villa Borghese, two A-line subway stops (Flamineo and Spagna) within a few blocks. I walked to Navona or Fiori every morning for the market, but the breakfast at the hotel is lovely if you need it. The cinema is a block away, and the Lion Bookshop if you run out of reading material, as well as wonderful cafes for every budget nearby. The staff is very helpful (always more helpful if you start with a little Italian) -- and took excellent care of me. I was on my own and felt completely safe. You can explore the whole city with this terrific boutique hotel as a home base.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank KittyCH
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 28, 2009

The name says it all -- central to everything; in a very good part of Rome. Tucked away on a little side street (so no street noise), but only half a block from the main walking strip, Del Corso, Hotel Centrale is a quaint little hotel. Though the rooms are nothing to write home about, and on the smallish side, they were also clean and comfortable with good bathrooms. About my only suggestion would be that they get heavier drapes -- there is a fair amount of light that comes in from the street at night, and the thin curtains don't cut it. On a side note, Massimo, the night manager, was particularly friendly and helpful. He really made us feel welcome.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed February 12, 2009

We stayed at hotel Centrale for four nights and found the hotel perfect for our trip. We intended to visit as much of the wonderful city of Rome as possible, and hotel Centrale suited our purpose very well. Its location is perfect, just 2 minutes from Piazza del Popolo and 5-6 minutes from the Spanish Steps, so the hotel was a great starting point for our walks toward the main attractions of the city. The rooms are indeed very tiny, especially the bathrooms, so if you intend to spend much time in your room this might be a problem. On the bright side of things, the room is very clean, towels are changed on a daily basis, there is an LCD TV, a minibar and other useful amenities. Breakfast was OK, it excelled in sweets, and the staff was extremely friendly. We hope to return soon to the beautiful city of Rome and the hotel Centrale

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed January 5, 2009

After reading other guests notes, I was happy to book a room in Hotel Centrale in Rome as a christmas present for my husband.
What a nasty shock I had when we end up in our room.
It was double room for £130. The most small and ugly room we ever been.
There was hardly any space for 1 person to move around.
The bathroom was small even for me and I am less then 5 feet small.
The money what we paid, they should use to replace the shower door.
Clean? Ok. When I did not count some pubic hair from somebody else. It was clean.
Breakfast? Not very nice. Coffee from the machine. Juice from the powder. Yesterdays cakes. We were lucky, some fresh bread was there.
My husband was so kind.
He did not say anything. I was angry. There was couple of nice things to mention.
Massimo in the reception was pleasant. Very nice hall and most of all the perfect location.
Will I stay there again? NO.
I think even luxury bedroom for £160 is overpriced and not worthy.
I am sure some people will find this hotel nice. Unfortunately we did not.
Rome is amazing town. Your stay deserves more, then be upset about size of the room. Do not risk it and get a good hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — smallest room ever
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Experienceholidays
Oslo
Reviewed November 24, 2008

We stayed 4 nights in Hotel Centrale.
Our double room was great. Good size, clean and with a french balcony. Those in our party having booked single rooms got very small rooms, but were happy still, as the rooms were functional og big enough. The two rooms on the top floor share a roof top terrass which, if you stretch up, has a view that gives associations to the movie "Moulin Rouge".
Breakfast was ok, but not great.
The front desk service was awesome. I spoke with three different receptionists, Massimo, GianPiero and and third whose name I don't know. They were all very helpful and friendly.
I will stay here if I go back to Rome.

• Liked — Service and location
  • Disliked — No WIFI, breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank benny76