“great location, nice clean hotel.”
Review of Hotel Centrale

Hotel Centrale
Ranked #611 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed January 16, 2013

this hotel is a nice 3* hotel in a great location near the Spanish steps and Trevi fountain and lots of designer shops. room and bathroom clean and adequate space. breakfast ok if you like continental. Nowhere is too far to walk in Rome anyway. this hotel is not far from the Vatican just across the river. 4 stops from Termini metro station. take bus from airport to termini. we walked back from the hotel to termini when we left. the receptionist that booked us in was a very nive helpful lad who spoke great english and gave us a map of Rome. I would recommend this hotel if you dont want to pay a lot, but still want a nice place to lay your head.

Room Tip: we were on the 2nd floor and overlooked the front of the hotel and there was no noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank choccieluvva
There are newer reviews for Hotel Centrale

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Accommodation in Rome is expensive but we found this place good value for money.
The room was clean but was quite small and it was difficult to get in and out of the bathroom.

The breakfast was OK however there was not a lot of choice.

The location is good as it is not far from the metro and within spitting distance of the main shopping street. The Colosseum and Forum are about 30-40 minutes walk away (best getting the metro).
Beware of the street hawkers located at Piazza Del Popolo. Most (in fact all we encountered) are of Asian decent will con you out of your euros if you let them. This does not reflect on the hotel of course.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven A
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed on the 5th floor. The lift needed some tips to go down.
The lift doesn't go every floors, only 1-3 floor.
The location is good but the room was a bit small.
Accomodation in Rome is expensive and we have to accept it and think it's OK.

Room Tip: To ask if the lift goes your room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lissa-sasa
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel during our 5 day stay in Rome. The hotel is right off of Via Corso which has a lot of shops and restaurants. The hotel staff is helpful and knowledgable about the area so they are a great resource to ask for directions and assistance. The room was clean and spacious. It had a window that opened up to the street which gives you that true italian feel. Our room had a mini fridge. The hotel is in a great location and located within walking distance to Trevi Fountain, The Spanish Steps and Piazza del Popolo. Continental breakfast is included and the staff will make you hot espresso based drinks. It was good value.

If you have the chance go to Del Corso Taverna - amazing food and inexpensive!! Hands down the best meal I had in all of Europe.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sab_Nav82
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is situated in a narrow lane between Via Del Corso and Via Del Babuino and is very 'Centrale' for the Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain & Piaza Novona. Not far from the river and the Vatican. The only really big attraction that involves a longish walk is the Colosseum but it is a very interesting longish walk.
The hotel is far from basic but not what you would term as luxurious either. The staff guys that cover the desk were very helpful, polite & friendly, especially Giovanni. Breakfast was fine unless you expect cooked food. It's not known as a Continental breakfast for nothing! Two types of cereal and loads of different pastries, cold meat, some fresh fruit and plenty of hot & cold drinks. Oh and lots of cake. The lift is small (300kg limit) and will take you to the 3rd floor of 4. Our room (No50) was fine with a comfortable bed, a great rooftop view over Rome and a big enough bathroom. Towels changed everyday and the room cleaned too. There is a fridge in the room too if needed.
We stayed for 4 nights at about 80 euro a night.
All things considered we thought this hotel was great value and we would have no hesitation on booking it again for a return visit.

Room Tip: Rooms 50 & 52 share a nice little 'private' roof terrace. If two couples (or a family...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Bargain-HunterSom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel is perhaps ideal for short people. My first night (before leaving for 2 weeks and returning for an additional 6 nights) in Suite 8, the toilet was so close to the wall, I could not sit!! I am not tall or a very large person. I spoke to the desk man in the morning and was told that a suite on the 3rd floor would address this problem. As I waited for my taxi, he entered this information -confirming my name and return date on the computer. Upon my return, at first was a loss to find my comment/request. I described the desk man - which led to finding the information. We were given a room on the 2nd floor - again, very small. Despite a 2 week advance request, a larger room was not available. I will never stay at this place again or ever recommend it to anyone. Had a friend stay on the via Margutta and in the future, I will as well. If you are staying for any longer than 1 or 2 nights, there is no variety in the breakfast - on the 6th morning, I couldn't face it again - the coffee was always good and available upon request from
the lady taking care of the dining room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gerry g
centraledir, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Gerry , I'm very sorry for the receptionist that not assign to you a largest room that we have.
I'm very sorry that you think to not come back to my hotel, and I respect your decision.
I could only try to explain you that I'm always available for my guest and in the future I ask to my guest , for your particolar needed, to speak directly with me.
I'm very sorry to have lost you, believe me ! The Manager Francesca Toto

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The location near the Piazza del Popolo is absolutely great. We did all our sightseeing on foot - a nice walking distance to both the Vatican and the Colosseum/Forum area.
We had breakfast included, they have juice, some cereals, standard Italian white bread rolls, salami, prosciutto and cheese and a wide selection of sweet pastries which is part of every Italian breakfast. Just make sure to note that you can order your espresso or cappuccino from the waitress. Much better than what u get out of the self service machine.
The hotel is in a nice old building, very well maintained and clean. Way above what you can find in Italy a lot of times.
Really the only downside are the small rooms with the almost too tiny bathrooms. That is even for local standards. But since you probably don't come to Rome to spend much more time than what you need for sleeping in your room we didn't find that to be a problem. Just think twice about it if you are much above 1,90 m (6 ft 2 in) in height ;)

Overall we would recommend this place anytime.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple