“Good neighbourhood restaurant”
Review of Taverna Angelica

Taverna Angelica
Reserve with
Taverna Angelica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #304 of 12,764 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: In the historical area of Borgo, in the vicinity of Saint Peter's Cathedral, we offer a modern and creative menu based on seafood and selected meats, in a cosy and comfortable setting.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had dinner here on a Thursday and although I arrived at about 8.30pm, I was the only diner for quite a while. A few more tables were filled by the time I left, but the place lacked atmosphere. The food and service were however good; a glass of Prosecco arrived as soon as I had sat down.I started with a generous portion of carpaccio, with a tangy lemon dressing and then had pasta in cream sauce with truffle. The pasta was a little dry at the edges, as if it had been cooked too far in advance, but overall, the food was good and the wine list, although not extensive, has some worthwhile bottles. There is also an effective free wi-fi; ideal for the solo diner wanting to catch up with some reading from the internet.

2  Thank NPK209

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Not exactly hidden, but slightly hard to find on the Via Vitelleschi, this restaurant is definitely a gem. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. Service is quiet and unobtrusive but perfectly satisfactory. We went here early in our stay and immediately decided we'd go again on our last night. It was the best food we had in Rome. It's not cheap, but not expensive either as restaurant prices go. Each time we went there were not very many customers (probably because it's off the beaten track), yet the place deserves to be mobbed! Highly recommended.

2  Thank ElisabethAH
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed in a hotel near Castel St. Angelo, a little way off centre but near the Vatican. This restaurant is in the middle of Via Giovanni Vitelleschi in effect, in a lowered strip of road on the South side, which is presumably the Piazza Caponi. It is not obvious, though not difficult to find when you know where to look. It is certainly worth finding. We had delicioous meals served by friendly staff : Veal with truffle sauce, fettucine with shrimps on a bed of aubergine, ravioli with ricotta stuffing and truffle oil sauce and osso buco served with a delicious vegetable cake were all first class, as were cestino croccante, a crunchy basket with and almond filling, coffee mousse with chocolate sauce and pistachio tortino. Wine was good and little tasty morsels were served after ordering without request. On the week nights when we went they were not busy, though an inferior cafe in the area which we also tried was. Do find it and try it.

3  Thank geoffrey b
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The restaurant has won a lot of prices (look at the front door) and you'll understand when you taste the food. A wide range you can choose from in the menu. A free glass of prosecco when you arrive. People are really friendly and price/quality it's a mustdo. It's nearby Vatican City and St Pieters.

2  Thank 22Jo89
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family and I were in Italy for 7 days, and this was our favorite restaurant. My wife and daughter got the steak, and my son and I order a seafood sampler plate that had I think 7 or their seafood items on the plate. This might be the best seafood I've had, and my son was thoroughly impressed too. Kudos to the cook! The owner, who I guess is Angelica, visited our table and was very pleasant, and speaks good English. This place might be a tad on the pricey side, but it was easily worth it. Make sure you go here if you are near the Vatican.

3  Thank Fred W

Been to Taverna Angelica? Share your experiences!