“Great food, service”
Review of Taverna Angelica

Taverna Angelica
Reserve with
Taverna Angelica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #311 of 12,875 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: In the historical area of Borgo, in the vicinity of Saint Peter's Cathedral, we offer a modern and creative menu based on seafood and selected meats, in a cosy and comfortable setting.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family and I were in Italy for 7 days, and this was our favorite restaurant. My wife and daughter got the steak, and my son and I order a seafood sampler plate that had I think 7 or their seafood items on the plate. This might be the best seafood I've had, and my son was thoroughly impressed too. Kudos to the cook! The owner, who I guess is Angelica, visited our table and was very pleasant, and speaks good English. This place might be a tad on the pricey side, but it was easily worth it. Make sure you go here if you are near the Vatican.

3  Thank Fred W

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Highly recommended. We enjoyed a delicious meal at Taverna Angelica before heading to St. Peter's Square to see the Vatican at night. The hosts were extremely gracious. The appetizer, entrees, wine, and chocolate dessert were superb and the artful presentation was a treat for the eyes.

3  Thank CascadesCraig
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a simply divine meal in this wonderful restaurant whilst in Italy last week - and it was simply the best meal we had in the country. A lovely, charming restaurant tucked away off the main tourist routes - it is very unobtrusive but oozing character, so is well worth seeking out. The food was of an excellent standard, full of flavour, exceptionally presented and great value. The major selling point for us was the exceptional service displayed by the hostess who very enthusiastically assisted us with choosing from the wide range of choices on the menu - finding us the perfect wine for our meals, and ensuring we had an excellent evening. Other small touches like the welcoming glass of prosecco and the odd appetiser added a real quality touch, and added to an already fantastic experience. Would wholeheartedly recommend.

3  Thank Patters84
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I can only think that the person who rated this as one star and who complained that other reviewers must have dead taste buds is more used to ordering fast food takeaways. We had an excellent meal, the food was beautifully presented and delicious. The service was excellent, the wine list was chosen well, reasonably priced and most importantly served at just the right temperature. We had three courses, two bottles of wine, coffee and the bill came to fifty Euros a head.
Thank you for a lovely meal and the warm friendly service.

English is spoken if it helps.

4  Thank WhitGe
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While we are waiting for the election of the Pope, we stop for dinner at Taverna Angelica.
My husband and I had a wonderful dinner there. The service, atmosphere, food, everything was perfect. There was a good selection of red wines, and We loved the chocolate dessert.
The charming woman was really friendly, we spent a lovely night!

5  Thank milly m

Been to Taverna Angelica? Share your experiences!