“Good food, average service, and don't go there as a solo”
Review of Pomodorino

Pomodorino
Ranked #3,839 of 13,786 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recently ate there. Granted it was a Saturday night and filled with families, and very busy. The server was run off her feet and it took forever to get her attention. Also, when I said that I was eating solo, then stuck me away in a corner, and then I was basically ignored. The food was good, and the price was right, but I don't think that I'd visit there again when there are so many outstanding restaurants in Rome that have better service and treat solo dinners much better than what I recently experienced.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

big easy going traditional italian restaurant which is suitable for families or just a decent good meal. Friendly staff and good service.
price / quality is excellent. Maybe not the most romantic spot in rome... but food is what you expect from the italian kitchen for a decent price!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We found the Pomodorino a pleasant "home away from home" during our trip in Rome. The waiters tried hard to be helpful and accomodate our food interests

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Bustling restaurant with good food. Great for children with great range of pizzas and pasta. Reasonable prices too for a capital city

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was eating (and travelling) alone and was seated in a corner away from all other tables. Although I ordered wine, the server didn't bring me a glass. They served me the wrong kind of water. I waited a LONG time to get water (and wine) so I thought it best to just take what I was given. The server was clearly distracted. When attending to me he was often talking to other staff member, seldom made eye contact with me and a few times just dropped a plate off at my table in passing without even turning to face the table.

Unfortunately the food didn't compensate for the bad service. The dishes had limited flavour profile and too salty.

The Ristorante San Marco is just around the corner and offers far superior space, service and food.