“Great value”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Good food, very helpful staff and great value for money, eat from around e40.00 including a caraf of house wine

Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you want to try really Italian pizza and pasta - do it in this place , like lot of another meals , you found here . Very good choice for all

Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you are looking for an affordable lunch or a dinner with a diverse (especially early) experience of Italian food, this is your place.

This was one of the first restaurants we visited in Rome during our honeymoon in 2003. The experience was so good that we returned with friends and family members in 2006 and 2009, if I remember correctly. Three times anyway, and each visit was well worth it.

The first impression of Pomodorino is that of an ironic version of an Italian restaurant, with the works: the logo is a huge tomatoe, checkered tablecloths, an overflowing buffet with all the expected antipastis... they just do it so well that it doesn't feel pretentious at all.

The first visit was 9 years ago, and I don't remember exactly what we had except for the antipasti buffet, which works both as a starter and a whole lunch, depending on the plate size. Of course the quality suffers a bit in any buffet, but this was surprisingly good, and we tried it again with my mother- and father-in-law in 2006. (I expect that nowadays I would like it even more, since in those days I didn't dare to try stuff like fried cicoria, which I have come to love.)

My mother- and father-in-law ordered for a main course a whole chicken roasted between hot bricks, which looked awesome (and I don't eat meat, only vegetarian and seafood dishes) and according to them was excellent. During our 2009 we popped in for a quick lunch of fried fish, and despite the fact that the place was absolutely packed, they delivered food that was very well made.

The restaurant is huge, with tables on two levels, and during lunch hours it is full of people presumably working in the nearby high-class areas. The location is very good if you are going to the Borghese Park or Via Veneto or walking around in the beautiful Ludovisi Sallustiano district, which we heartily recommend. It is full of interesting architecture and opulent houses with lush gardens. And of course one of the most interesting art galleries, Galleria Borghese, is very close.

1  Thank Hulaus
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We visited this restaurant on the referral from the hotel we were staying and were so glad we did. This is where the locals eat and the dish I picked which was linguine and clam sauce. was excellent. The waiters are very friendly an it was quite a pleasant experience after our long trip. It is very close to Via Venito and very safe.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came here for lunch on the suggestion of our tour guide. We told him we wanted some good pizza - and it was fantastic!!! They even started lunch a bit early for us since we wanted to eat lunch before our 1:30 Vatican tour. We ordered three different pizza - all were wonderful, as was the salad bar and the wonderful appetizers that the waiter recommended for us. Service was excellent and the staff was gracious, attentive, and so authentic!!!!! The restaurant is also beautiful with plenty of seating. Would love to go back for dinner next time!!!!!!!!