“Good Tasting Food”
Review of Mother India

Mother India
Reserve with
Mother India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,631 of 12,672 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went to this restaurant because it was very close to where we lived when we visited Rome and we were tired of pastas and pizzas. We are vegetarians, the dal makhani, naan and veg biryani were very tasty. The Naan was specially the highlight of the meal, it was just perfect. The staff was very friendly, overall a positive experience.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were recommended by our hotel, as an Indian restaurant that the hotelier uses himself!

The staff, we friendly enough, but not too "in your face". Unlike other places I've been to, they asked a couple of times whether everything was OK, but not over and over again.

The food was good, both my wife and I enjoyed our Chicken Korma and Butter Chicken - as well as the mixed starters, and the ice cream.

We asked for the dishes to not be very "hot", as we don't like very hot/spicy food - and the dishes were indeed not too hot.

All in all, a good experience, and we would certainly use them again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Perfect location, quite close the colosseum. I dined with my husband, and the food was good, but quite greasy. Other wise a good place to dine

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I popped into Mother India after finding that we had been enjoying the local wine bars for a little too long and most restauarants were now closed at it was gone 10-30pm.
Being a keen fan of Indian food i keenly anticipated the meal but was a little disappointed by the quality of fare served up. It's not that what was ordered wasn't tasty, but it was very basic looking with my lamb madras coming in a quite runny gravy. My wifes peshwari was very similar in texture, but again tasted ok. We had a portion of rice between us which was ample for two and also a nan bread.
I think as there are so many very good Indian restaurants now around the world we have all come to expect better, especially when paying approximately £50, inclusive of only 1 drink each.
The waiter was very good, with a very pleasant, helpful attitude but overall the place lacked any great sparkle.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My friend and I went into this restaurant thinking we should invest some money in the Indian food arena since we had been eating so much pasta, but the waiter kept on making small little additions to my friend's order, he kept on coming back to ask her how she is doing, he addressed her first...the only difference between my friend and I? She was white and I wasn't.