“Very good Place for Indian Food”
Review of Maharajah

Maharajah
Reserve with
Maharajah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,122 of 12,525 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Chicago, Illinois
“Very good Place for Indian Food”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Went with my wife for Dinner and the place was full. That told me that this place is very popular and i got my answer after having the first bite. Food was very delicious. Service is excellent. Ambiance is nice. We ordered Paneer, Chana Masala and Naan. Everything was good. There was a complementary champagne as well.

Good place to go for some authentic indian food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rock_Chicago28

• Turkish first
Mumbai,India
“Good Indian food in Rome”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This place has really authentic Indian food and they always serve with a smile. The paneer and dal are must haves. Also there is complementary champagne with the food and the waiters are always willing to cook up something different.

There is a small cover charge as well.

• Visited March 2014
Bengaluru, India
“Authentic north indian food”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant couple of weeks back during our roman holiday. After a fortnight around different corners of the country we arrived in the capital city for the last leg. Although we love italian food and tried different types of pastas n pizzas, we did yearn for some dal roti chawal after 10 days. Maharajah was definitely a good respite.
Staff was very courteous. Very cheerful and gave us a welcome drink too which is rather uncommon. Food was very tasty. Right from pakoda starter to the paratas, veg curries and veg biryani. Very nice decor with ganeshas and other traditional paintings adorning the walls.
We tried 4 different indian restaurants in rome but this was definitely the best of em all. Kudos team maharajah!

1 Thank Preethirama
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST INDIAN FOOD IN ROME!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I were honeymooning in Italy in March 2014 and Rome was our last destination. The Punjabi in me has very high standards when it comes to food and I was quite sick of the bread and pasta Italy had offered us thus far! I was craving for some simple Indian food and would have been happy with some basic dal roti also that day. But this Restaurant was WAY BETTER than anything I had expected or imagined in a country abroad! Excellent Indian food (black dal, mutton biryani, palak mushroom, raita, shrimp biryani, chicken kebabs - some of the recommended dishes) great service and warm staff made the meal so much more fulfilling! I ate at some other Indian restaurants too on the trip, but none came close to the excellent taste and value for money Maharajah offers! Recommend this place to anyone who wants authentic Indian food with great service in Rome..

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank NehaGrover
“Great Indian”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Popped in here for an early dinner, mid-week and I found it had excellent service, I enjoyed a chat about cricket with the waiters who spoke English and also enjoyed some of the best Indian food I've ever eaten, washed down by a great big Kingfisher beer. Highly recommend it to anyone that's gotten a bit sick of the usual Italian fare.