“The best Mexican in Rome for me”
Review of Fiesta y Siesta

Fiesta y Siesta
Ranked #3,407 of 12,525 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Mexican in Rome for me”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I must go to this restaurant every time I'm in Rome and it never disappoints! The atmosphere is nice and relaxed and the owners are just wonderful! I have tried almost everything on the menu and it was all delicious. The home made guacamole and salsa are a must have. My favourites are also the barbeque ribs and the various tacos. For dessert, the chocolate tortino is a must!! This place is also perfect for parties and they provide delicious cakes. I celebrated my birthday with friends and family here and everyone was so happy with the service, the food, the cake and the cocktails ( definitely have the mojito!!).

• Visited October 2012

Gilbert, AZ
“Don't look further for Mexican food in Rome”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Rome in the Summer of 2012 with my family, and being from Arizona we decided to introduce my parents (who are not from the US) to Mexican food. First off, let me say that if must have "authentic" TexMex or any Americanized Mexican food, you will be dissapointed. But why would you? This is Europe, live it up! This is Mexican food, with an Italian twist, at its finest! And you'd be a fool to pass this opportunity up, unless you really love pizza so much you can eat it everyday.

The restaurant itself has a very friendly, and cozy atmosphere and it really made me think of some places back home (Arizona). The staff is really friendly, and although the menu is not printed in English the staff was more than willing to help us non-Italians out. We were the first customers there when it opened at 7:30pm and by the time we left at 9pm there were people waiting outside to be seated. When we asked the waitress to take a picture of us she offered to let us wear some of the sombreros that they had laying around for props, I thought this really spoke to the friendliness of the place.

Food wise, there really isn't anything bad I can say about this place. Two of us ordered the fajita combo plate and loved it. Myself I ordered the chorizo (no complaints from me either), although they did add ketchup on top of it, which in my opinion it didn't need it, but what the hell, it's vacation. And finally my mom ordered a vegetarian taco dish, and loved it as well! Some things to note, if you have eaten at any US Mexican restaurant you'll expect rice to come with most fajita dishes, but this was not included. Myself I am a fan of re-fried beans, but it appears that they only serve black beans, again not a big deal, probably healthier that way anyway in between all the pizzas we have been (and you probably are) shoveling in daily anyways.

Bus 62 stops right in front, there also is a tram line (line 3 and 19) that will take you to and from the metro stop (Policlinico, line B)

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Robert B
Sydney, Australia
“excellent”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and I tried Papatzul for a late Sunday lunch and found it a bit hard to find (and park) but worth the effort. It's simply decorated like a cantina in a small Mexican town. We enjoyed the margaritas and the guacamole and chips . For the entree, my wife had a tasty and plentiful avocado and cheese sandwich. My roast pork taquitos was very flavorful with just the right seasoning. All in all, it was good authentic Mexican comfort food at a reasonable price.

• Visited December 2011
Hilversum, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stopped there with my family to have a break from all the (great!) italian food we had.
We had some good mexican food and enjoyed the really nice atmoshpere inside.

Visited November 2011
Orlando
“Good food at a fair price”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

After 2 weeks of pasta and pizza - (and this was at 10 EURO a pop throughout Rome), it was great to find a Mexican restaurant listed on our Garmin GPS. But even with the GPS we drove past it twice, because it is understated by U.S. Mexican restaurant standards. From the outside, we weren't sure if we wanted to go in, but once in the door, we felt very comfortable (seeing the young child asleep across 2 chairs at the next table helped ;-)

Our fajitas and chorizo were done just right. Only complaint was the sangria tasted more like a wine spritz, without much fruit added.