“Delicioso!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

It took me a little while to convince my husband to have mexican in italy, but boy are we glad we did! The food is fresh and delicious, the margaritas a must-have. They don't speak english and the menu is in italian, which is to be expected. We just took a guess and we weren't disappointed. Go if you can!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a cute, Mexican themed restaurant about 5 minutes from metro Line A, Cipro stop. A bit pricey, but close enough to Mexican to satisfy cravings for Mexican food (we are from Texas). Shrimp entree was good, cod tacos very good, served with cornmeal crusted french fries (tasty). Queso not authentic, but I think it's almost impossible to buy American cheese here. Nachos were pretty good, no queso on top, but good. Margaritas were pretty good, although pretty expensive for a small pitcher. All in all, pretty good place, we will return.

1  Thank cohargan
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We decide to go to this restaurant following the suggestion of a Mexican friend that has been living in Rome for a while.
We started with some Melargaritas and some Nachos, both really good; probably the nachos portions were a little bit small for the price.
The main dish were all really tasty and beware, the one indicated as really spicy keep their promise!
The dessert were good as well, but again the portions were kind of little.Good selection of Tequilas.
Overall I think it's the best Mexican restaurant in town,worth the premium price, and I highly recommend it if you want to try something different from the widespread Tex-Mex.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Since we were looking for a mecican restaurant in Roma, after having read positive review on trip advisor and due to the position close to our house, we decided to go to Cucara Macara. We reserved a table at 8 pm, we went there and the restaurant was close at 7:50 pm, since it was getting closer to 8 around 7:56 we decided to use the intercom outside the place to ser if there was actually someone inside. The cook showed up asking us whether or not we were sure we booked at 8, and telling us the restaurant was going to open at 8 and by the time we were talking to him it was 7:57 pm roughly, so we were expecting him to open and let us in but he just closed the door without saying anything.At around 7:58 the two owners showed up and went to open the gate of the place, we were blatantly waiting outside to get in, and they pretty much ignored us and not even welcomed us, even the cook went outside without saying to us you can get in now and such. We finally sat and checked the menu, which was very expensive the main courses are all about €16 and the startes about €8, the sides about €6. So I personally took as a starter nachos and a main course. Nachos were decent but not worth €8 euros,they probably bought them in the supermarket and put some sauce on them, and the portion was small. The main course was quite good but definitely not worth the price. So my overall opinion is that the stuff wasnt welcoming or polite at all, food quite good but not worth the price. Very expensive considering is located in the outskirts of Rome, in a nutshell I wouldnt recommend this place to anyone

2  Thank WKLIZE
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We read good reviews on Tripadvisor, so my bf and i decided to go and had high expectations. We took a cab from Piazza di Spagna and charged us 60 euros. After we got back found out the cab driver took us to the long way and as people said on Tripadvisor, it was kinda close to the turistic area. Once we got there, the place was not what we expected. It was located in the suburbs. As we came in, waitress approached to us and assigned us a table which we didnt like. Asked her to get another one, but she still insisted us to sit there kinda like we HAD to. The restaurant is super small, felt more like someone elses bedroom which made us feel uncomfortable because tables were really close to each other. I could easily reach other people drinks. I could say the distance between tables was like a feet. 14 tables total. 12 on the inside, and 2 outside. Service was random. Waitress missunderstood our order a couple of times but we didnt make a big deal out of it. She speaks a little of english and some spanish which was nice to hear. Food was good, close to the real mexican food because owner is mexican. She was friendly and came to our table and took my order (my bf doesnt speak spanish). My drink was terrible, i ordered a beer w/tequila and tasted really strong, like alcohol mixed with water. Never tasted like beer. Didnt like the decor, is cheap and poor, not really what Mexico is all about, just turisty crap. The neighborhood is kinda creepy at night, no cabs, dark, graffitti all over the place. We had to walk to the main ave. to get a cab to go back which took us to our apartment in 15 mins. In conclusion, it was disappointing to us. We wish we would have gone somewhere else. I guess non mexican people cant really differentiate real food and drinks, thats why we read good reviews. This is the first time ever, i have to say we shouldnt have listened to Tripadvisor.

5  Thank innavonfustenberg