“Good food and reasonably priced”

Hong Kong F&B - Food & Beverages
Ranked #6,881 of 13,321 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Esquilino
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This restaurant provides good Hong Kong standard food. There is a good range of dishes including wan ton noodle, rice, a choice of dim sum and a good range of tasty dishes. We visited 3 Chinese restaurants during our 5 days stay in Rome and this was the only Chinese restaurant where there was no one watching online movies loudly or played loud games on their mobile phones that disturbed us taking our meal. The location of this restaurant is easy to find, just right opposite the Terminis. We had a portion of roast duck, fried rice cakes with seafood, sweet and sour prawns, 2 bowl of rice and Chinese tea, all came to €30 which is the cheapest and the tastiest oriental meal we had in Rome. We highly recommend this restaurant if you are on a budget but still want to taste good oriental food, then this is the restaurant you must not miss!

1  Thank Catherine K

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The food was bland, small portions, yet expensive. Worst chinese food I've ever had. Service was terrible. Don't eat here.

1  Thank slickmccoy
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I came to visit Rome during the 1st week of May 2013 and thought that our last dinner in the city should be different from the Italian pizza and pasta.We were staying at a hotel very close to the termini and stumbled upon this hotel while walking through the narrow sidewalk. We ordered for starters and 2 different main courses dishes with some fried rice.

This is the only place in the world where we had the privilege of having our main course offered first (that too a little gravy dish). 15 minutes later came the fried rice and 30 minutes after came the starters. With the quantity being quite small to be shared with more than one person, we were done with the slight gravy dish before the rice arrived coz we were famished after all the traveling to the Vatican city through the evening and had to eat the rice after with some soya sauce.

Service is one of the worst I've seen but the only reason why I entered this place was because of the trip advisor sticker on the outside door. The food was pretty decent in taste but extremely small in portions. They will not provide you with a finger bowl if you've gotten your way through separating the prawn from it's shell (so carry some wet wipes in case you're longing for just about any chinese food).

We expected them to charge the Coperto (Cover charge per person - usually 2 Euros per person in most places in Italy) However, these guys don't charge the coperto but have the surprise 10% mandatory service charge even though they know that their service just sucks!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just had dinner at this restaurant - I wasn't expecting much, and that's exactly what we got!

Started with the wonton soup - which for a westerner even I can make - unfortunately with my wonton soup the staff decided to deliver the rest of my order all at the same time so the Wontop soup was hot but he rest of my meal was luke warm to cold. We also ordered the prawns in their shell, unfortunately I left my finger bowl with water at home or indeed my wet ones - the staff oblivious to the fact that I should want to wash my fingers after eating the prawns.

But the best was left for last - when settling the bill I wanted to pay with my chip and pin credit card which I believe is universal! Not so - in this restaurant you have to carry your passport as a form of ID in order to use the same - luckily my husband had cash on him (bearing in mind they had no signs to warn you in advance) - I had terrible visions of spending my night either in the restaurant kitchen washing dishes or in an Italian jail cell!

To summarise - food uneventful - service diabolical - when in Rome stick to Italian.

2  Thank Simbel6947
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Words cant express my happiness when me (chinese) saw a chinese restaurant in rome! The food IS/ARE authentic. It isn't just filled with MSG etc... Everybody who works in the restaurant are Chinese so there is no doubt about the authenticity of the food. however service might be fast/slow depending on which waiter you get.