“Great meal in a great place!”

Da Fortunato al Pantheon
Reserve with
Da Fortunato al Pantheon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,276 of 12,590 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We really loved this place, which is surprising given the location. Food hit the spot, and the waiter was very friendly and upbeat. He got us to try foods we wouldn't have picked for ourselves. He even insisted on dessert and bought us free lemoncello. Try the gnocchi.

There are newer reviews for Da Fortunato al Pantheon

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were very excited when we arrived at the restaurant, seeing the fresh fish and seafood out the front we thought this is gonna be good! As the waiter placed the menu in front of us we were super excited as we read all of the different things on offer. Initially thought was wow quite pricey- but my husband and I don't mind paying if we get a fantastic meal. Husband ordered the gnocchi with fresh shrimp and cherry tomato. I ordered the veal cotoletta alla bolognese with prosciutto. When ordering I asked the waiter "what comes served with the veal?" He replies "no speak english" which was fair enough. We were so excited after ordering our meal we thought "this is gonna be good!" Quite the opposite actually. Husbands gnocchi looked great when it arrived however quite a small serving for 14 euro. And in front of my the waiter places my meal. I thought to myself "this doesn't look like veal with bolognese." The veal was thick and looked like it had been picked out straight from a frozen meal box and chucked in the deep frier. On the side of the plate there was what looked like an attempted rocket salad but was just some rocket thrown onto the plate. As my husband takes his first bite I see the look of absolute disappointment on his face. "There is no flavour, no salt, nothing." He says. As I take a bite of mine I realise the cheese on top of the prosciutto is Gorgonzola. I usually love Gorgonzola but this was foul. So gross that I took off the prosciutto and cheese and began to eat the poor animal that had died for me and been ruined! Not even finishing my main which well wasn't worth the 20euro we paid for it we were both left feeling quite flat! Soon as husband finished his beer we got up and paid (very hesitant to pay for the meal indeed) as husband looked after the bill I walked over to the stack of menus and had a look at what I had ordered only to realise o had received the wrong dish. They gave me veal prosciutto and Gorgonzola. None the less it was absolutely disgusting and I would not reccomend this place. Terrible overpriced food with less than average service. They didn't even ask how our meal was. Probably cos they know it's terrible. I think we would have got a better meal at a crappy take away and at least we wouldn't have left hungry. Ruined our night.

3  Thank mrsnatc
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We choose this restaurant upon recommendations and was both excited to eat here. On arrival we were seated quickly but then was just left and waited for any kind of service for a good 15 mins. Waiters were rude, looked too rushed and seemed incapable t cope with the busy restaurant they had. When trying to grab the attention of the waiter he put his hand up to us 2 times and told us to wait. My boyfriend ordered a creamy pasta dish to start that came out separately to mine and arrived cold as if it had been sitting for a while. The main courses were very average, not the standard of food that we we're expecting and that we were used to in other restaurants in Italy. The waiters seemed stressed and were very rude, unattentive and kept bringing the wrong dishes to the wrong people. I feel this restaurant was very good in its day but now it is too busy, standards, service and food are dropping and the over priced food is based in reputation. I have eaten nicer food for much cheaper and had lovely service in other restaurants. Very disappointed would not recommend.

1  Thank Edenboy
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I were looking for restaurant nearby Pantheon. We had found this restaurant and waited for seats. The guy who was working as cashier told us that wait for few minutes, they will make seats for us. We had waited more than 10mins and any waiters didn't care about us. There were enough seats for 2 tho. A couple who were having dinner in the restaurant told us that we have just sit down because the waiter didn't care about customers for seats. So I talked to a man who looks old and looks like manager, and he tried to speak with the guy who was working in Cashier. However, they both just ignored us, didn't get us any seats for 20mins. My husband didn't want to have dinner in the restaurant, I also was mad at them, and talked to the guy about the available seats again. He finally made seats for us and we ordered food. The food was not delicious at all and kinda expensive. I had fantastic dinner with low costs in Verona and food was very tasty. However, this restaurant was terrible about Service. Not impressive on Food. They have to train their employees again for service.

1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The restaurant is eyes view from the Pantheon so make reservations!! Especially if you want a table outside. We heard mixed reviews so we weren’t sure what to expect. I must say though the food was very good. We had a pasta dish to start and then I had the veal saltimbocca, my wife had the chicken and my son had the beef with green pepper sauce and we all were extremely pleased with the quality. It’s not cheap, but worth the splurge to say you were eating in eyes view of one of the oldest structures from history.