“Good Traditional italian food”

Gioia Mia Pisciapiano
Ranked #2,415 of 13,747 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trevi
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

We went to that restaurant after a person who was in rome 26 years ago suggested it. We found the adress and with the help of google maps found it. It seemed old but it was just as described. Inside there werent too many tables but quite enough. Prices were normal for a restaurant in rome.they charge u 1.50 euro per person and for the bread and grissini sticks they bring you but we already expected that. What impressed me was the portion. It was sooo big. Food was delicious!! I suggest it if you want to eat real italian food!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,570)

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

The food was okay but the service was good. The pizza is thin Roman style which is as expected. Skip the panna cotta.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Ok this restaurant is not on the main road its hidden like in a side ally & we was afraid to enter, We was going to walk away to be honest but something caught my eye, To be honest it was a scale the ones still used to weigh meat cuts, We was 4 and said lets try it we sat and the owner greeted us and so friendly, We ordered drinks wine food,
We go a starter plate 2 different omg dont tell me what it was some veg in it was so good even the table next to us said same thing. The second starter was to die for so amassing filled mushrooms filled tomatoes some kind of onion i cant explain all i can say is the 4 of us left nothing lol, The wine i think a house wine was wonderful also. The main course i had tortellini again wish it did not finish plus i had some of my gf's pasta ravioli mmmmm mmmm wish i could go again!!! ok Rome restaurants are expensive but this place is value for money !!

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Perfect place for traditional Roman dishes. We had a jug of wine with 2 pasta dishes which were phenomenal. The place had a real family feel with the staff going above and beyond in such a bustling but cosy spot. The chatty manager talked us through the menu, making great local recommendations and even writing down on paper the ingredients for one of the pasta dishes! A real authentic experience copper-fastened by plenty of locals eating within. It may look busy but stick in the queue, the tables turn over quickly and if you’re looking for authentic, simple but classic Roman food you won’t be disappointed. Extremely well priced, you won’t break the bank.. and you could do a lot worse in Rome. It’ll be top of the list on our return just for the simple quality of the food and the friendliness!!

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

I know that experience it's a particular thing, it's, and I respect people that give a bad review for this place, but man... I came two times in Italy and I ate in a lot of places with a lot of research about it and I can assure you that this restaurant is the best place on the world!!! I discovered it this last time and we just stop to eat in others places and we ate all the days in the same place.
The staff is very kindly! We received courtesy, and the food... Man!!! What can I say???
I just ate until almost die every day. Canelone, pasta, pizza, bruschettas, everything is like some place in the paradise, it's like some angels was cooking for God and they decided too give us some part of the food.
I want to came back in Rome JUST TO EAT THERE.
I swear, try it. You will not regret.

Been to Gioia Mia Pisciapiano? Share your experiences!