“Nice atmosphere”

Life Ristorante
Ranked #210 of 13,100 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Colonna
Description: ITA - ENG Express Cuisine where tradition meets new trends in gastronomy, selected season ingredients and home made bread, pasta and desserts. Light and gourmet lunch menu, elegant and sophisticated dinner menu. Professional personnel with a special regard for customer service with a welcoming external space that is both ample and comfortable. Special events and corporate dinner services available as well as exclusive wine and food tastings.
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is more contemporary not a typical Roman restaurant. We loved the atmosphere the friendly service,not at all snob. Food was tasty,small portions but nice.the wine was also very satisfying.try this if you want to escape from all these tourist restaurants which rip you off.and ofcourse it is near piazza di spagna and via del corso which makes it easy to reach.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,426)

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I decided to get married in Rome (10/11/12) and choose Life for our wedding dinner celebrations and I am very happy we did so. From the moment we arrived the service was impeccable and the food some of (if not the) best we have had in Rome. Everyone went out of their way to ensure our every need was met and nothing was to much trouble for them. A special thank you must go to Clemente (hope this is the correct spelling) - the owner who ensured we not only had a table inside but also one outside to carry on the night with drinks. He was attentive and made the night all the more special with his attention to detail and warmth to myself and the guests. We finished the night off with some home made limoncello - delicious! We enjoyed our meal that much we returned for more two days later. We wil definately return on our next visit to Rome, until then - thank you Clemente and to your chefs (who also took the time to come to meet us) good luck with the baby ;)

2  Thank Paula W
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Life is a funky kind of place , lots of staff , inside and outside eating .
We ate early and the welcome and window seat we had reserved were good, the menu is excellent but like many others ( I guess) we had made our choice already from the Internet site menu.

We had the tasting meals with wine , I had the meat choice , my wife the fish and as always we shared a little to get an even better experience .

The waitress that served us was excellent and informative and explained the meals and wines as they arrived .
The balance on the menu's was excellent , the time between courses ideal and the food not only looked good but tasted lovely, we had no complains at all , it was a great way to celebrate our last night in Rome .

I should add that the free bread was incredibly tasty and we received a welcoming very nice dry prosecco on arrival , and a limoncello after desert , the wines were delicious and of good volume , there was no need of a top up and as we shared a little of each we got to taste 8 different wines PLUS the freebies , it was good that we had a different desert wine each

I won't describe all the courses , but it was a great dining experience and the other food we saw being delivered especially the gruffly pasta dishes looked lovely and smelt Devine

An un equivalent thumbs up from us.

1  Thank sweenoid
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently, while in Rome, my wife and I had the unexpected pleasure of having an extra day to spend in this fabulous city. Using trip Advisor we decided to try this number #1 rated restaurant on Via della Vite. We were fortunate to arrive fairly early (7:30 ish) and even though we didn't have a reservation, they accomodated us in the street/terrace area. We decided to rty different options, with my wife going with the "tasting" menu (their version of a table d'hote" while I ordered a la carte. the service wasadequate, although because we didn't seem to have a dedicated waiter assigned to us, it did seem to be a little hit or miss. We weren't in any rush so this didn't overly concern us. When our meals arrived, my wife was very pleased with her selection as everything was good. I, on the other hand, I was a little less impressed. the highlight of my meal was the salad! My shrimp and scampi terrine was quite gelatinous, my linguine a la vongole came with the clams still in their shells, which necessitated my shucking them individually and the sauce was quite bland. And my main couse of the scallopine a la milanese, although quite large was dry and flavourless. Needless to say, quite disappointing as I'd been geared up to have a wonderful meal! Not quite what I had hoped for at all. If you go, stick to the table d'hote.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stumbled across 'life' in the pouring rain last Sunday. It made the perfect destination for the 4 of us for lunch, a warm welcome, great food, wine and service. Seeing other diners food made us want to come ack again as there was so much choice. Ironically when we got home and checked a friends list of where to eat guess where they had suggested - Life! Lucky we found it - go and enjoy.