“Convenient place in the city center”
Review of ReCafe

ReCafe
Ranked #2,557 of 12,525 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Campo Marzio
Description: About Us ReCafé was founded in 2004 with the aim of creating a new synthesis of the gastronomic culture, which encloses inside the pizzeria, restaurant and café in Naples. Its origins stem directly from PizzaRé who was born in Naples, backed by over a hundred years of tradition and experience in catering, to bring in around Italy hospitality, friendliness, cheerfulness and good food. We like Italian! Great attention is paid to the choice of high quality ingredients used in the kitchen and in the bakery. ReCafé offers its customers more than 250 seats, overlooking both the Mausoleum of Augustus, the Basilica of San Carlo al Corso. The Cooking Thanks to the talent and experience of our Chef, ReCafé offers typical Campania dishes, finest meat and homemade Neapolitans desserts. In addition you will always have the opportunity to eat the best pizza of the Neapolitan tradition, choosing from the many varieties that our menu offers… strictly baked in wood-burning oven. There is always a good choice of wines from the finest regional produce. Our ingredients In ReCafé you can discover a focus on the quality of ingredients: The Pizza is stretched by hand and baked in the wood oven; the wood used is that of oak aromatic Dough rising 24h hours Our Mozzarella di Bufala D.O.P. braids and handmade arrive fresh every day from Battipaglia (Salerno) Dairy products directly from Paestum Tomatoes are from Pachino (Sicily) Peeled tomatoes from Gragnano The fish is always fresh and only by carefully selected suppliers Chianina beef directly from Prestigious Butcher Annibale (via di Ripetta – Roma) Desserts are all home-made according to the Neapolitan tradition
Moscow, Russia
“Convenient place in the city center”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

They have got lunch formula: pizza OR 1st course OR large salad + drink =10 euro. Their pizza "Re" with tomato, fresh cherry tomatoes, buffalo milk mozzarella, Parmesan cheese (11 euro) is tasty, but a little wet.

• Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Nice decoration and food”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Found this restaurant by walking around the "Ara Pacis" where there are many places to eat. It was a friday evening and the restaurant was quite full and merry. It has modern decoration and as a family of five we ate a variety of dishes. It is not spectacular food but everything was tasty,service correct and prices average. I admit I was quite surprised to read the bad reviews in Tripadvisor. I don´t know if I was lucky or the others were unlucky! I gave it an "average" because there is no middle standart between "very good" and "average" but I think it deserves a "good".

• Visited January 2013
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Flew into Rome in morning and everyone was nodding off by 7pm, hotel recommended a pizzeria within walking distance. Service was charming enough but inefficient, brought out the wrong pizzas and slow despite us being early. Very children friendly but i found the pizzas disappointing, too thick crusted.

• Visited December 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Soulless chain food - oh dear.”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We ate here for dinner (on the advice of our hotel) during a weeklong stay in Rome. Big mistake! If you're looking for utterly generic glorified pub grub, this is the place for you. Otherwise, avoid like the plague. In fairness, the minute we sat down, we knew what we were in for. The place has that completely soulless, by-the-numbers look of most high street chain eateries and the food wasn't much better. We started with deep fried mozzarella (okay, but hard to screw up), then I had steak which was pretty tasteless and wafer thin, while my wife had essentially what amounted to chicken and chips (dry, over-cooked chicken and soggy chips). The service was fine, however. Apart from that, steer well clear!

• Visited September 2012
London
“It all started so well...”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The area surrounding the mausoleum of Augustusin Rome, is dominated by outlets of the excellent Gusto group. My wife and I have eaten there many times, with no complaints. On this occasion, we decided to try an alternative chain, the Recafe. It seemed nice enough. It had seating outside in the shade and there were many Italians tucking into their lunch. What could possibly go wrong?

I started with the frito misto, which was absolutely stunning. Crisp, dry, deep-fried baby squid, two large tasty battered prawns and two deep-fried anchovy parcels that defied description. Decision to have lunch here was totally vindicated – then it all went wrong.

My sausage, mozzarella and friarelli Pagnottelli, (a kind of flat calzone), was chosen but the friarelli was unavailable as it was out of season. The dough and cheese were OK but the sausage was simply awful. I know that sausage is hardly a “prime cut” but this stuff was borderline inedible. I manfully struggled with half of it, then raised the white flag. Chewing that sausage, was like eating pencil eraser.

My wife made the mistake of choosing the veal “burger” with potatoes. Her grimaces told a similar story to my Pagnottelli. Bland burger, greasy nondescript potato. Salt was rubbed into the wound by seeing fellow diners tucking into plates of pasta. Which is exactly what we wanted but didn't order, as the menu clearly stated that pasta was not available at lunchtime. I think it must have been a daily special, as everyone had the same.

The service was fine, as was the bottle of Falanghina we ordered but the food, (frito misto excepted), left a lot to be desired. Next time - we go back to Gusto.

• Visited September 2012