“Stay away”

Ranked #1,722 of 3,669 Rome B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Stay away”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Very disappointed about this place, I don't know where to start.
Although it is written in the information that there is air-conditioning, there was no air-conditioning, only a van. Why write there is air-conditioning when there isn't? It was very hot and humid in the flat because of this.
There was a small tv, but it couldn't show any channels and the dvd-player didn't work. Why write there is tv when you can't watch any?
There was problems with the water heater. It constantly had to be reset, which meant we had to take ice cold showers 4 times during our stay - apparently it couldn't warm enough water for 2 baths.
The bed was awful. Extremely hard and completely out of shape and too small. Be prepared to have backache.
The chairs were unpleasant to sit on, and the 'sofa' was even worse, so there wasn't any proper place to rest.
The flat was in a tiny street on the ground floor and felt more like a basement. It was very noisy during weekend nights.
The cleaning was mediocre, the floor was extremely dirty, I washed it myself on the first day.
Only positive was the location, very central, and service was good when we arrived, and quick to respond on problems.
Considering the price, we consider it unacceptable and would recommend anyone to find a better place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Julie D

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Banchory, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great location near piazza novana, accessible to shops, restaurants, tour buses, taxis etc., walking distance to Vatican city. Suite was roomy, very quaint, oldy-worldy style but basic with regard to comfort needs; no air-conditioning (apart from a couple of fans) and the plumbing wasnt up to much i.e. took several minutes for the water to heat up for a shower and even then the water pressure was poor (not ideal for guests to use both bathrooms at the same time...)
Although these points may appear trivial to some, they were an inconvenience at the time (especially if you were trying to get asleep at night in the humidity and heat).
However, having said that the suite was ideal with regard to location and security. The hostess was friendly and helpful (even though she spoke little english, she left her daughter's phone number if we needed assistance with anything).
I think if the bathroom facilities were 'freshened-up' with new shower cubicles etc and a more improved form of air-conditioning introduced, this suite would be a most pleasant place to stay for all - families included.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dee C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My partner and I stayed for 5 days(July 2012) in this lovely and cosy italian apartment in the centre of Rome. The LOCATION, AC and the WI FI Internet access( my pocket 3 WI FI) was a big bonus for us. The hostess was very helpful and easily accessible via email or mobile phone. It was our first vacation where we didn't have to use public transport. All the amnemities were accessible on foot. The Vatican City, the Pantheon, Piazza Novana and Via del Corso are all within the walking distance. We know where to stay for our next trip to Rome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

2nd stay with cecila,this time we stayed near piazza novana..lovely little place very clean and compact and great value for money for the centre of Rome,loads of lovely resturants and close to piazza novana square and easy walking distance of Vatican,this review is for last year October as I have been unwell and only just getting round to it..cecila is great and can't wait to visit Rome again we are planning a trip again in 2013 and will defo be booking with cecila again..great value and service for central rome

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2011

My wife n I went to Rome in September...the A/C in the rooms was a life saver in the heat of the night. We stayed in the apartment in via Della Pace...such a fantastic location...food, tourism, sit 'n' stare at the beauty of the cobbled streets of Rome - perfect for us both. We loved Rome, but loved it more because of the location - we were so close to Piazza Navona: fantastic by day and magical by night! So much to see and do in just that area alone. Great location to stay in. Apartment was clean, tidy and practical so long as you don't mind the steps to the top. Cecilia was always a phonecall away if we wanted any advice or had any questions for her. Would definately go back and stay in the same apartment.

Room Tip: take the apartment without the terrace above the trattoria
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I have a pleasant stay in early November in a small apartment near Piazza Navona that I found cheap, clean and centrally located, easily linked to the main transport services, well served commercially. I found courtesy, helpfulness and efficiency. I was able to visit almost all the monuments on foot. It has a small kitchen that allowed me to be more independent. Memorable experience. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Bristol
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Let me start by saying that I think these apartments are in various sites. Our apartment was on the Vicollo Cellini so please check where you will be staying as I would NOT recommend staying at this one?

The space was small but that wasn't the problem. These I can summarise briefly as follows:-

- Tiny tiny bed (mentioned on previous reviews) - either myself or my husband de-bunked to the sofa each night and we are both small people.
- Tiny shower cubicle. I'm a small size 8 lady and was fine but anyone much larger would struggle to bend over in the shower to wash their feet.
- Generally very very noisy - single glazed windows that never gave any protection to the local heavy traffic noise which went on all day and all night night. Sleeping with a pillow over your head is not very romantic!
- Lack of natural light giving it a very cave like atmosphere.
- Everything was generally very dirty and the mattress had definitely seen better days

Unlike some reviewers we found the owner to be polite and helpful and thankfully there is plenty to see in Rome so we literally used the room to shower and sleep in but that was more to do with the fact that we didn't really like spending any time there.

Please check which site you will be staying at and avoid this one at all costs. Others locations appear to have been OK.

Rome tips

- Ladies don't bother with Stilettos. - the cobbles will ruin them (I spent all five days and evenings in my trainers and jeans)
- Rome is ridiculously expensive - Take triple the money you think you will spend.
- Drivers in Rome have no respect for road etiquette. They even drove around a chap in a wheelchair so do be careful.

Have a great time, but avoid this apartment unless you are prepared to put up with all of the above.

Room Tip: Check which room you will be getting and avoid the Vicollo Cellini ground floor apartment
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple