“a good place in a wonderful square”

Taverna della Scala
Ranked #1,440 of 12,162 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Toronto, Canada
“a good place in a wonderful square”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

i really liked this restaurant : the square is very characteristic,with a big church and a lot of local roman people;everything looked typicall ;i was with my wife , she ordered an amatrisciana pasta,i taked bistecca and tiramisù.it was delicious and i asked for another one...
After dinner we had really good time on the square and walking in this charming neighborhood.
suggested for a special roman night!!

• Visited September 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing special- average restaurant/pizzeria”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Had a lunchtime salad here on our last day in Rome. Food average, reasonable price, good service. Nothing to write home about and if it wasn't for tired feet I am sure we would have kept searching for a better standard restaurant

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Very good for our last night.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We tried this place after trying to find a nice place for our last night, we were a little concerned about the reviews but went for it anyway and I'm glad we did!

The food was very good, we had the mussel to start which were gorgeous and then two spaghetti dishes for our mains, the staff were very friendly and the setting outside is really nice, would definitely recommend!

• Visited September 2013
Cape Town
“Tourist fodder - just terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Like most establishments in this lovely area this restaurant looks appealing. However, I cannot believe the positive ratings it has had from a quality and value perspective. Service was arrogant and devoid of any charm whatsoever, particularly when my wife requested that her pasta be warmed up as it had been served luke warm. My bolognese was just awful. Minuscule portion and I've cooked better myself at home! For me this is tourist treatment of the worst kind and certainly not an experience I will repeat and I recommend others to avoid. There is so much choice you can avoid the experience we had.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bluegemini
Montreal, Canada
“Nothing special, does not worth to search it...almost a tourist trap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very very average food, service ok...basically some kind of almost a tourist trap. I agree with many other comments on this site, the pasta there are not fresh, not better than what you get anywhere, the pizza is common, the starters are not of the first quality, there is no real italian clients...I do not understand the buzz about this sector of town to start with as all the restaurants in the area all looked to be specialised in everything which is usually not a very good sign. By far our worst meal in italy on a 3 days touristic sejour that included restaurants in such other potential tourist traps located near very touristic attractions in Pisa and Napoli...you would probably not eat any different in any similar restaurant nearby the vatican or the coliseum so do not spend your preciouos visiting time to find this place.

• Visited August 2013