“Simple, delicious Roman food in cozy, friendly atmosphere.”
Review of Ristorante Tre Archi da Loreto - CLOSED

Ristorante Tre Archi da Loreto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nestled in a cozy space on the very pleasant Via dei Coronari, Tre Archi is a perfect choice to escape the chaos of some of the more touristed restaurants. We were led here by our Roman friend (locals always know the best places!) and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. I had a wonderful risotto, my daughter pasta with mushrooms, my son the turbot, and our friend a spaghetti with meat sauce. All excellent dishes, as were the appetizers and tiramisu. In fact, my son ordered a second plate of his fish! This is the real deal - enjoy!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I ate here tonight.
The menu had pappardelle with rabbit, and thats why I went in. Sadly They were out of that, so I had some ravioli instead. The ravioli was kind of boring. No great taste, and a tad overcooked for my taste. My daugther had meatfilled tortellini with creme sauce, and as I had to finish off her meal, I got a good taste and that was much better.
The service was really nice, and the other patrons were Italians. That is always a good sign.
The prices were low, and all in all it was ok.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This restaurant is just off the main tourist area and as a result was mainly full of locals the 2 nights we ate there. It is also much better value than the more touristy restaurants nearby. This is a small, busy establishment. It fills up quickly in the evenings so if you don’t book you will need to arrive early. The menu is not extensive but has more than enough to tempt the palate. The ravioli and linguini were excellent as was my veal chop. The dishes are unpretentious but executed to a high standard, The house wine carafes are very good and not over priced. The service is effiecient and friendly.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Tre Archi has some good reviews on TA, and they proudly display that in their window, but we were less impressed when we had lunch there near Piazza Navona. My wife ordered chicory and a pair of carciofi Romana (artichokes Roman style). The chicory was cold--that may be normal, but two other restaurants served it hot, and less purely bitter. The artichokes were ok, but other places had warned us they were out of season, so that may have affected them. I had a single artichoke, which had a cold stem, warm body (not fully rewarmed), and was not very tasty. Then I had spaghetti carbonara, that saved the meal...perfectly prepared, with just the right amount of lean salt pork. Service was courteous, but the lone person tending the room had lost the will to live, and it showed. There are plenty of other restaurants in the area, and I'll look for another when we return.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Happened by chance here and we were glad we arrived early! The place is small and soon filled up with locals. Unpretentious food at a decent price.