“Great pasta!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ditirambo

Ditirambo
Reserve with
Ditirambo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #368 of 12,135 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
“Great pasta!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I went here for lunch with my girlfriend. The hotel owner (Daphne Inn) suggested that we should go here for lunch. He made the reservation for us.

When we came in it was super busy and we had to wait like 10 mins before we were even greeted. Had to stand there waiting in the doorway, but it seems to be quite normal in Rome, since I have had similar experiences in other restaurants in Rome when it was busy.

It is a small restaurant and quite cramped, but nevertheless I enjoyed my meal.

We shared a seafoodsalad as starter. It was lovely and fresh. A nice portion. As maincourse we had pasta. The pasta was outstanding. The timing was perfect, nice el dente, so not soggy at all. Definately one of the best pasta meals I have had.

The owner speaks English fluently btw.

if I didn't had to wait so long they would have gotten full marks.

• Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
Malta
“The best of the best!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

What can I say about Ditirambo which I haven't already said? It's an absolute favourite of mine - so much so that every time we go to Rome I make sure we have dinner here. The staff is wonderful, the food excellent, the choice of wine second to none, location is lovely - it's just perfect and we love it here. We feel right at home and love the fact that the menu here is not your ordinary menu but has it's own special touches. The staff goes out of it's way to please and when I was undecided about my starters and desserts I was given little portions of everything which was fantastic!

I can't wait to go back - complimenti a tutti a Ditirambo!

• Visited July 2014
north london
“Disappointing !”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had read a lot about this restaurant and were really looking forward to dinner. The service was fair but the starter ( aubergine ) seemed to have been preprepared. For a main I had an escalope which was rather over oiled This is not a tourist pizza place but it did not meets our expectations.. The wine was reasonably priced but overall the meal was disappointing.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank harpendenscout
Toronto
“No pizzas here - only high quality food”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is like the Roman anti-tourist restaurant: no pizzas, no spaghetti with meatballs, organic and they identify where their ingredients come from. It's a foodie hangout. It set a nice tone when they were making fresh pasta by the front door on our way in at lunch.

It worked for a family but our kids are adventurous eaters.

• Visited June 2014
Oberlin, Ohio
“Nice little place with great vegetarian options and wine list”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a nice, cozy little restaurant, with nice decor, a friendly staff, and a menu with both standard and more interesting options, including excellent vegetarian dishes and great desserts, as well as an extensive wine list.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Ditirambo? Share your experiences!