“Wonderful authentic restaurant! Don't miss out!”
Review of Osteria dell'Arco

Osteria dell'Arco
Reserve with
Osteria dell'Arco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #722 of 13,327 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gourmet cuisine, feminine. In the center of Rome, in a pleasant neighborhood just outside Porta Pia, quiet and hard-working day as teeming with local in the evening, the Osteria dell'Arco stands out with its elegant atmosphere, welcoming and informal, enclosed in two vaults with exposed brick and elegant woodwork full of bottles of wine. Even the sound environment suffused choice contributes to the comfort and identity of our local. In 2008, when we opened the teeming neighborhood of pizzerias and restaurants by "plethoric" menu and the quality is not in line with what was then moving in the City. We were the first in the area to choose a short menu, wine selections cured and not obvious, simple and gourmet cuisine at the same time: we note with great satisfaction that in recent years our area - the neighborhood around Piazza Alessandria - it always is for the most distinguishing offer new quality entry. The protagonists of this small restaurant, are two women (added value and reached laboriously), Nicoletta and Cristina. love cooking than once, the kitchen from long cooking, the simplicity, but that never turns into the obvious, that respect the material they are made. Products to KM 0, very often organic and small-scale producers. The menus follow the seasons and daily proposals are told verbally. The kitchen pays homage to all of Italy with particular attention to Rome, to the south from Naples to Sicily and then fill in the fresh pasta and stuffed pasta, typical of Emilian cuisine - the land of origin of Cristina, the Chef - strictly homemade . And so the bread, cakes, preserves and ice cream. All accompanied by about 150 Italian wine labels, the choice of which never falls on the usual suspects and a small part of foreign wines for 'playing' time with the regulars because with our new guests.
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

After a terrible dining experience the previous night we were a little apprehensive about choosing where to eat. This place was near to our hotel and had good reviews so off we went... Tucked down a little street, we nearly missed it. It had been raining so there were no outdoor seats available and when we got inside there was only one tiny table for 2 tucked in the corner left, we were lucky to get in so if you are going (which you should) then think about reserving a table.

Not tourist-y at all and very unassuming. The menu is small but very well done. The staff are relaxed and knowledgeable about their food and wine and the waitress/manager recommended a local wine which was at the lower end of the price scale actually, and it was beautiful.

NO COVER CHARGE! be aware of this in Rome, I really think it's criminal when you are already spending a fair amount of money on food (usually mediocre food I find when they cheat you with a 'cover charge') but they don't need to be sneaky here, their food and service will ensure a returning trade and good word of mouth.

Not dirt cheap but reasonably priced. We had 2 courses each, wine, water and bread for €70. Courses are really filling and rich, we really should have only had one but when in Rome!

Couldn't recommend it highly enough. If you don't go here, you are missing out!

1  Thank Arte115

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Simply amazing. We stopped by here on our last night in Rome on a 3-night break, staying at the nearby Hotel Lloyd (which we can also recommend). The first impression you get is amazement at all of the bottles of wine lining the wall and it was a difficult choice to choose just one bottle from the extensive wine list - they'll have a taste to suit all wine-drinkers from €16 to €120!!!
I had the pasta with bacon and cheese which was beautifully cooked and a delight to eat. My partner had the ricotta cheese which was equally as good. I'd then plumped for the steak as my main course (though given the size of the pasta dish, I felt a bit of a piggy following that with the massive steak that came out). It was cooked exceptionally well. I was recommended to have it medium by the staff but from experience knew that this would be closer to medium-rare as we would term it here in the UK so it was exactly as I'd expected it to be. The foot-long skewer of white meat with garlic sauce and mashed potato which my partner had was the most amount of meat I've ever seen on a plate - in fact I was gutted that I was so full I could finish off the last piece she'd left because she was full also. We would have loved to have sampled one of their desserts which just looked to die for but we were sadly too full-up. Maybe next time....? An excellent way to finish off our stay in Rome and one that will leave a lasting memory.

1  Thank RobStokes512
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Tried this place after reading TA reviews and it was also on our hotel's list of recommendations in the area.

Unfortunately after all the positivity we were sadly disappointed with the food. Maybe we ordered the wrong dishes but the food we had was fairly tasteless. The pasta was too thick and a bit chewy on two different dishes (spaghetti and ravioli), and I also had the steak which was under-cooked and chewy even after the waitress suggested it be cooked medium.

The service was quite friendly, and with so many other positive reviews perhaps we caught them on an off night, but based on our experience we would not recommend this place.

1  Thank mgtcampbell
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Just had dinner here, as below staying at hotel Fiume and wanted something close by.

Service, lovely and friendly, although didn't speak English so we were unable to ask about the daily specials.

Food, fresh and delicious. My husband and I had just about given up on pasta in Italy, after two weeks of bland, slapped together, tourist menus. We both ordered the tagliatelle(?) with roasted cherry tomatoes, basil and pecorino/parmesan, after seeing another patron eating it. Despite the very al dente pasta (which we've become accustomed to) the flavours were fresh and beautiful.

We only ever order one course, as more is generally too much, we were pleasantly surprised to receive a bill of €29!
Large water €2
Bread / service charge €3
Pasta x 2 € 24 (€12 each!)

Recommended, will eat here again - maybe tomorrow!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had dinner at Osteria dell'Arco which was close by our hotel on our last night in Italy after traveling around for 2 weeks. We quickly agreed that this was the best eating experience in Italy during these 2 weeks. The ricotta cheese as a antipasti was amazing but the buffle mozzarella was amazingly good (and huge). This evening they had grilled tuna which was done perfectly. I had a pasta with some local bacon type and tomato sauce - truly perfect!