“Very good and I would visit again”
Review of La Scala ai Parioli - CLOSED

La Scala ai Parioli
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Parioli
Description: Storico Ristorante dei Parioli conosciuto per la buona cucina, la conduzione familiare e professionale. Inaugurato nel lontano 1963 vanta 3 generazioni di di gestione e di clientela e si conferma un punto di riferimento per la buona cucina e per i prezzi contenuti.I Cuochi che oltre 25 anni prestano con passione la loro opera a La Scala, utilizzando prodotti freschi e di prima scelta preparano piatti di tradizione italiana sia a base di pesce che di carne alcuni dei quali ormai introvabili anche nei migliori ristoranti romani.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really loved that the owner personally greeted each customer. I had tartar which was very good but would recommend cleaning the fish parts out first. Overall it was really good and this dish was expensive but you can order very good less expensive meals. Off the beaten path in the Parioli area.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We've eaten at a number of restaurants in the Via Veneto area the last few days. Have to say, while the La Scala vibe was promising , the food was quite bland and the service ...unexciting. Not good value for money

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Lovely food although took a little longer than usual for service, luckily we weren't starving! Staff were very friendly.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We ate here on our final day in Rome. It was near our hotel and we ate outside sharing a pizza and what was the best bruschetta I have eaten. The service was efficient and friendly. We also enjoyed dessert. Our disappointment is that we did not eat here sooner. There are countless small and charming restaurants in this neighborhood, but this is one of the best.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I hope I got the right place, there are a few 'Scala's on here. It was near Barberini tube station in a very expensive part of town popular with 5* tourists and wealthy locals, but quite rustic inside. This was recommended to me by a local who goes there with a famous Italian movie star, so I knew it would be nice! best fillet steak with green pepper sauce i've had in years and no skimping on the size either (by UK standards). Husband had steak with a mushroom sauce, also delicious and tender. A side of seasonal veg helped make it a meal. for EUR90 we had 2 steaks, a side of veg, one starter to share, a bottle of fabulous Shiraz, big bottle of water, 1 coffee and 1 limoncello. Not cheap, but not expensive either considering what we had. they did bring out what looked like free pizza-bread style crostini which we hoped were free, but were actually EUR3 so if you don't want to pay you'd better tell them before they bring them out! Not fancy surroundings, just good food, clean place and great wine.

1  Thank busyquizzer