“Real Deal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Parioli
Description: Storico Ristorante dei Parioli conosciuto per la buona cucina, la conduzione familiare e professionale. Inaugurato nel lontano 1963 vanta 3 generazioni di di gestione e di clientela e si conferma un punto di riferimento per la buona cucina e per i prezzi contenuti.I Cuochi che oltre 25 anni prestano con passione la loro opera a La Scala, utilizzando prodotti freschi e di prima scelta preparano piatti di tradizione italiana sia a base di pesce che di carne alcuni dei quali ormai introvabili anche nei migliori ristoranti romani.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Fantastic eating experience. Very good food and excellent service without breaking the bank. Steak tartare is one of the best I have eaten.

Real Italian eatery where the locals go.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was in Rome 5 years ago and I ate there. My first experience was great! So this year I went in Rome again and of course I ate there again. This time was a bad experience. The food came 5 minutes after we ordered and was nothing special. Not even a tavern... Not recomended at all. Try something else at Trastevere, or simply go at Campo Di Fiori.

Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

We walked here from our hotel and were the first dinner guests at 7:30pm. The staff was so friendly and spoke wonderful English. The veal with mushrooms was amazing and my husband loved the pizza. We ordered the house wine and it was delightful fir only €10.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Among all the trendy restaurants on Viale Parioli, the only one which remains a local classic is La Scala. Always the best on Viale Parioli. For decades the menù has suggested classic Roman (high end) recipes along with high quality pastas, meats, fresh fish and vegetables. The service, well supervised by the owner is fast and friendly. A must to have a table outside when in summer months.

1  Thank Romanbiker
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We went to this restaurant at the recommendation of our hotel. No problems, food pretty standard. If you're in the Via Veneto area and want to go to something convenient, but a little less pricey, this would be OK

1  Thank barely alive