“Abusive”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Monte Carlo pizza.
SADLY WE GOT THE RUDEST WAITER IN ROME HE ACTUALLY HIT MY ARM! ( oh by the way I'm in a wheelchair)
I ordered the Monte Carlo pizza and it was very very soggy except for the crust which was burnt. After asking a few times they took it back, I thought they were bringing me a new crisp cooked pizza instead they brought back my pizza, still raw,soggy dough. Again I asked the waiter he told me " IF I DIDN'T WANT THE PIZZA HE WOULD TAKE IT BUT I PAY AND TOOK THE DISH AND STORMED AWAY! I asked for the boss in which he replied he was the boss and yelled at me that I had to pay for the pizza hit my Arm, grabbed me. He said if you go to a Resterant and don't like the food you send it back and pay and leave. After he made a huge scene yelling at me I paid for the bill minus the gross raw soggy Monte Carlo pizza and left, he yelled at me to NEVER come back and I was not wanted at the Monte Carlo Resterant he threw the bill at my daughter and pocketed the euros I paid yelling to everyone that we didn't pay
It was rude and a horrible experience to be manhandled and yelled at, while SADLY NO ONE SAID ANYTHING TO HIM.

1  Thank Xyz15

Reviewed July 3, 2013

i had heard so many could reviews about this specific place that i was deeply dissatisfied when we spent a night.the food was quite good,the carbonara was really nice,the pizza didnt thrill me and the panacota i had wasnt what i expected.finally what we paid wasnt what i would call good value for money,as it could have been cheaper!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The pizza here is disgusting. My wife and I were sad to have wasted a meal in Rome on this place. Everyone sitting around us was feeling the same way. Maybe the pasta would have been better. Kind of shocking how this place is rated so well. The pizza must be made by a 4 year old. Very dissapointing.

1  Thank Walle2008
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We love thin crust pizzas and the best ones are served hot at La Montecarlo. The atmosphere is super busy and lively, there is a lot of seating, and a line despite all the seats. They did not accept credit cards, and you need to count about 10 euros per person for pizza and a coke, which is cheap for what you get there. We saw people getting pasta and it looked good, but the place is mostly known for pizza. There are lots of shops around this place.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great location just off of Piazza Navona. Friendly atmosphere with non-Italian and Italian people. I don’t like “only for tourists” restaurants.
Good quality price ratio. The staff was friendly and helpful. A mention to the red house wine, really good for that price.
For the perfectionists: Pizzas served at La Montecarlo may have bits burned on the edges, but the taste is excellent.
A recommendation: go to the restaurant early if you don't want to wait with the crowd in front of the door.
This is for me the best, from the restaurants i tried in Roma.

1  Thank iskundar

Been to La Montecarlo? Share your experiences!