“Worst pizza I've ever eaten”
Review of La Montecarlo

La Montecarlo
Ranked #1,161 of 12,590 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The pizza here is disgusting. My wife and I were sad to have wasted a meal in Rome on this place. Everyone sitting around us was feeling the same way. Maybe the pasta would have been better. Kind of shocking how this place is rated so well. The pizza must be made by a 4 year old. Very dissapointing.

1  Thank Walle2008
There are newer reviews for La Montecarlo

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We love thin crust pizzas and the best ones are served hot at La Montecarlo. The atmosphere is super busy and lively, there is a lot of seating, and a line despite all the seats. They did not accept credit cards, and you need to count about 10 euros per person for pizza and a coke, which is cheap for what you get there. We saw people getting pasta and it looked good, but the place is mostly known for pizza. There are lots of shops around this place.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great location just off of Piazza Navona. Friendly atmosphere with non-Italian and Italian people. I don’t like “only for tourists” restaurants.
Good quality price ratio. The staff was friendly and helpful. A mention to the red house wine, really good for that price.
For the perfectionists: Pizzas served at La Montecarlo may have bits burned on the edges, but the taste is excellent.
A recommendation: go to the restaurant early if you don't want to wait with the crowd in front of the door.
This is for me the best, from the restaurants i tried in Roma.

1  Thank iskundar
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The pizza's were among the best we've ever had. Perfectly thin crust and made with fresh vegetables. Frenetic fun atmosphere and very friendly to non-Italian speakers. Highly recommend. Great location just off of Piazza Navona but not in the congested tourist restaurant area.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was in Rome for about a week and was introduced to La Montecarlo by the friend I stayed with. As college students, my friend and I really appreciate great food on a budget! The pizza is excellent (and, from what I've heard, authentic), as well as the pastas. We ended up eating here three times during our stay! I definitely recommend the linguini al pesto.