“Very delicious!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Monti
Description: Ristorante tipico Romano
Reviewed January 15, 2014

La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali is a small restaurant located on a small narrow street not far from metro station Cavour in Rome.
The menu consits of some basic Italian apitizers, pastas and a choice of meat. Caprese and veal a la Romana were over my expectations, very tasty! Pasta with wihite trufels is also recommended. Chianti and homemade wine were wonderful as well.
The restaurant is cozy with a great Italian atposphere.
Service is great: fast and attentive

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had been disappointed quite some times when eating out in Rome but finally were lucky enough to get a recommendation for this truly lovable place.

Already when entering La Taverna you feel the cosy family atmosphere... Mama e papa in the kitchen, son and daughter take care of the friendly and splendid service.

I have eaten out a lot in Italy, have italian friends and lived on Sardinia for 6 years and I must say this place offers real italian food like you would and could expect when your italian mom or grandma is cooking for you (assuming they can cook of course:).

No fancy food to impress tourists, just good and fresh ingredients prepared with much love, passion and taste.

We were given a perfect wine recommendation for the delicate house wine from the region (just 10 € for the bottle) and were overall very satisfied with the service, friendliness, promptness and attitude of the owners.

At the end we couldnt belive the price when we were handed the check. I had a three course meal, my wife had two, my son the canelloni, we had water, wine, two desserts and coffee and payed 83€ - an absolute bargain in a city like Rome. And anywhere else.

For all who would like to eat real italian food, with real italian owners with a passion for what they do COME HERE and enjoy la vera cucina italiana - just a walk for the Forum Romanum. 5*+

Reviewed January 11, 2014

A very popular place. Reservation is a must, but can easily be arranged a day in advance.
Excellent food (wild boar steak and desserts are really worth trying), brilliant and fast service. Would definitely return back during the next visit to Rome!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I stopped in her for lunch after our visit to the Colesseo, and before continuing on to the Forum. We didn't have reservations, but Aldo kindly took us in. Even though we had to sit in the back, near the steps to the restrooms, that didn't bother us one bit. I had the Cacio e' pepe (first/only time in Rome) with black truffles, and it was creamy and delicious. The pasta was expertly cooked, and the flavors were perfect. We also tried the Shrimp Scampi, which looked wonderful on the plate, but had the oddest taste/texture. We didn't enjoy the shrimp, but the rest of our meal was good. I would definitely go back when we're in Rome visiting the forum.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have dined at this restaurant twice, in Sept. 2011 and again on Dec. 21, 2013. Each time it was recommended to me by my hotel (two different hotels), and I am grateful for those recommendations. The eggplant parmesan is the best I have ever had, and the typically Roman pasta dishes are top-notch. The restaurant owner and staff are warm and welcoming. If you dine on the early side (7:30), you will be surrounded by other tourists, but do not be alarmed -- as the evening grows later, the Romans or other Italians begin to roll in. The place is family friendly, but also single-diner friendly -- both times I visited, I was alone, and they took excellent care of me. Reservations are almost a must but are easily obtainable a day beforehand and sometimes on a same-day basis. I plan to return on future visits to Rome.