“Cosy Family Spot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali

La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali
Ranked #311 of 12,045 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Monti
Paarl, South Africa
“Cosy Family Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was by myself, but felt very welcome and part of the vibe. You experience a really family affair with the attenion. I enjoyed the famous artichoke dish, the pasta dish was great but the main left me a little disappointed - very salty it was a mix of the saudages, duck and rabbit with lots of bones - give it a skip. Otherwise a lovely meal accomoanied by a decent half bottle of red.

• Visited June 2013

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
“Overrated to be Traveler's Choice Winner...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Was recommended to eat at this place by a friend, but I found it only okay-ish. The bread was quite bad, we didn't touch it after the first bite. The carbonara (always a reference for me) was very good, but my canelloni al forno was a bit cold (and I expect something out of the oven should be warm enough, the plate was warm though, but it didn't warm my dish). Staff was friendly but (based on my dish) I was a bit disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Squirrr
Edmonton
“Loved it, loved it, loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Steps from the busy Imperial forum area, this classy restaurant offers superb Italian food for delightfully reasonable prices! We grabbed the one outside table and spent almost three happy hours there one afternoon. Our pasta specials were so delicious, we then ordered caponata. THAT was so good, we had to try the house-specialty zabaglione. Go inside and check out the photos of celebs who have loved it, too. Oh, and our bill, with wine, coffee, sparkling water and liqueurs for two? Less than 60 euros!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Tim M
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A perfect 30th birthday meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

My fiancee and I visited Rome for the first time for 4 nights in January staying at the Hotel Morgana. It was my fiancee's 30th birthday and on the evening of her birthday we were looking for somewhere special to eat and came across this beautiful restaurant by accident. It was packed out and as we stood reading the menu outside we were told by a couple who were entering the restaurant that we should go in as it was excellent. We wondered whether we would be able to get a table but they very quickly found us a table and the three courses were exquisite. The service was excellent despite how busy they were and the ambience of the restaurant was beautiful. It made a very special day even more special and a big thank you everyone.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mark R
“Great italian restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 1300, and we had to wait few minutes for a table. Its a small restaurant, but has great ambiance. The owner walks around with a flower apron talking to costumers, and serving dishes. We had the eggpland parmagiano to start, and all 4 of us loved it! We all got different pasta dishes and they were all very good. The prices were average. The only thing i would complain about is the basket of bread. They put a basket of bread As u sit down, which we didnt care for. When we got the check we saw the bread we never asked for on the bill for ?6! I learnt my lesson, and would try to give it back to the kitchen as soon as we get it. Other than that, the restaurant was great!

1 Thank Kelly1228