“Delicious.”

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

A cute atmosphere and worth the wait to get in. We had a caprese salad, eggplant parmesan, the pesto ravioli, and a grilled steak for two of us.

The caprese was properly oiled/salted (the bland caprese is the bane of many Roman restaurants, I find), with just enough basil to balance out the flavors. The eggplant parmesean was the real standout of our first course. It was impeccable. Don't expect any pasta served with it, Americans, it's spectacular without, and I'm not a big eggplant lover.

The ravoli was delicious, and I normally don't like pesto, either- what can I say, it was an experimental meal. The pesto was heightened by the quality of the olive oil... Apparently I need to find a place with higher-quality ingredients stateside. The steak was quite red in the middle but cooked through and tender. We were pleased with the food and the service, which was attentive by Roman standards.

Visited May 2013

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very good meal, delicious dessert!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As we were visiting the Colosseum and the Forum, we decided to find this restaurant and we managed to reserve a table for later.... which was a good plan! Our hotel was close by and this restaurant was recommended by then and on TA. Our hotel advised that it was best to book a place on a Saturday night in Rome. We were glad we did as they were indeed busy. We shared the starter of Roman roast pork and garlic bread and basically got a slab of meat and garlic bread, it didn't look fancy but it did taste good!
We both had the specials of the day for main courses (can't remember what they were now!) and both of them were very tasty. My fiance also had a plate of vegetables which was sauteed broccoli in lots and lots of garlic - but again very tasty!
We shared a dessert which was a rather excellent pistachio ricotta cheesecake.... I think I persuaded the next table to us to have it as dessert, I wanted the recipe!

The service was very good and friendly too.
Definitely a good meal out and worth going back to... when we are next in Rome!

• Visited April 2013
New York, NY
“Incredible place, absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Perhaps my experience was a tad different since I visited this restaurant with a friend of Chef Alezzio & family. We dined here 4 of the 6 nights we were in Rome & each night was a delight. We didn't even look at the menu, just let them serve us a variety of whatever they chose for us. And after trying almost everything they serve, I can honestly say you cannot go wrong with anything on their menu. Stupendous food!!

A note to those complaining about tight seating... I watched people wait hours for a taste of this amazing food, all of whom would have gladly traded places with you complainers. Be thankful for the experience! After all, it is Roma!!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank elis317
Lier, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

2nd time in Rome, visited Taverna deir Fori imperiali. Atmosphere is great, staff is really friendly and you feel like home! They give you explanations with every dish, wine, ... and do recommendations! Food was absolutely lovely!

• Visited May 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Be treated as an individual”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Its easy to feel like one of the tourist masses in Rome. Book to eat at the Fori Imperiali and you will get not only great food, but service from people who treat you as a friend. The atmosphere is great and the wine good value.

• Visited April 2013