“I will never return to Rome without going there”

Girarrosto Fiorentino
Ranked #307 of 12,140 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“I will never return to Rome without going there”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

It's funny how this became my favorite restaurant in Rome.
It was my last day there in one of my vacations in the city, and it was a saturday night. We had no reservations, so the odds of us finding a good pIace to eat was almost none. I went downstaires to talk to the concierge, and got mad because an old lady literally jumped in front of me. While I stande there waiting, I realized she wanted to cancel her dinner reservation because her husband wasn't feeling up to it.
As soon as she left i asked the concierge if I could have that reservation for myself, because I needed a place to eat with my father.
It really was my lucky day!!!!!!!!!
To start, AMAZING AMAZING Pasta!!!!! i had a parpadelle with pecorino cheese and fresh asparagus. heaven on earth! And my dad had a four cheese gnocchi which was also wonderful.
The wine list was huge, hard to decide between so may great options.
Than we shared a HUGE bisteca florentina as mais course. It came very rare just the way i like it. For those who like well done meats, I wouldn't recoment bisteca, because it is very rare indeed. But for me, it couldn't get better.
We had a very simple dessert, berries with icecream, which was ok.
And I saw them preparing a tartar to die for on the other table. Next time I won't miss out.

• Visited May 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel concierge on our first night after asking for a typical "Italian" restaurant. On arrival it seems as though every other hotel also recommends this restaurant and instead of Italians it is full of both Europeans and Americans and hence definitely not authentic. The staff were pleasant but not particularly attentive, there were no recommendations and when our food arrived the service was poor and rushed. I had to ask again for my side dish which was then delayed. The wine we ordered was just left on the table after opening and not put in a chiller. Overall not a good experience and certainly not value for money by a long way.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Alison C
Jakarta
“It's good, but not authentic.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

When I went there, it was like a fine dining expedition. You could not be eating there without nice clothes and avoid being looked at. So if you want to eat here as a tourist, bring some nice clothes!

Anyways though, the food was pretty good. I was a group of five so we could try a different assortment of things. The lamb was great, the alfredo fettucini was ok and the risotto was bland but tasty. They also had really good and old wines.

• Visited September 2012
Aurora, Canada
“So tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had wandered all over Rome looking for a fine dining restaurant that was open before 7:30. Finally, we found this restaurant open at 7:00 pm. We were in need of something other than pizza, pasta or panini. ChateauBriand was the ticket. My goodness, most flavourful beef, with delicious pan-roasted potato slices!. We ordered the antipasti plate as well. It could have been a meal in itself. The waiters were all men who seemed to have made a life-long career of offering exemplary wait service. As we didn't have a reservation, we were seated very close to the washrooms, where I could smell the disinfectant, but that odour was quickly taken over by the food aromas. The amusing part was when our waiter asked if we would prefer the meat medium or bloody. This must have been a literal translation. They may wish to use the word "rare" for English-speaking tourists.
For Canadians, price-wise it was very similar to a meal at The Keg, Would definitely return.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank chimomk
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing 'old' Italian foodie heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just read all the five star reviews below- it's all true! Charming, genuinely Italian service (ie they know their menu by heart, can make good recommendations, and don't do fake smiles and 'trained courtesy')

Visited March 2013