Ways to Experience City Wonders
from $129.60
from $138.80
from $28.90
16,896 results
All reviews dark rome our tour guide great tour sistine chapel mt vesuvius last supper skip the line day trip meeting point local guide highly recommend this tour excellent guide hour tour walking tour booked this tour three hours small group
Reviewed today

Our tour was excellent and our guide Melania was great. It was an easy walking tour covering highlights of Florence with enough time time to do additional "exploring" on your own. We enjoyed the whole experience while in Florence, the sights, culture, diversity, food and the people. Just as in many other tourist area watch out for pick pockets, mine was posing as a tourist couple blending in with the crowd, I caught him with his hand in my open bag that I used to carry water bottles while she tried to distract me. I called them out and they moved away from our area. Just be mindful of your surroundings and people bumping into you.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We had Anna as our guide and couldn’t have been happier. She was very knowledgable and once at Pompeii we had another guide Ernesto (I think) he was great too. Unbelievable place, so glad we took this trip. The lunch stop was much better than we’d expected. Mount Vesuvius was a hard climb, we didn’t have that long there but to be honest there’s not much to see but the views are fantastic. I’m a fit person and it surprised me how strenuous the climb was, slippery underfoot too especially on the way down, i’d recommend taking the sticks from the guide at the first stop.

Reviewed yesterday

Our guide was fantastic and her knowledge and enthusiasm where brilliant :) I would highly recommend using City Wonders

Reviewed yesterday

We had the full day tour where we met at the Colosseum and toured the area. After a break of a few hours we continued our tour of the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. Both tour guides were very knowledgeable and gave us plenty of time to take selfies, pictures and see the sites. I had no issues with check in and directions to the check in's were perfect. I would recommend this tour company

Reviewed yesterday

Great experience to see a glimpse of the past. The view from the volcano is awe inspiring and the hole for the past explosions really shows the power of mother nature.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Our guide Manuela overwhelmed us with so much information as we walked to the Sistine Chapel, that we didn't know where to find her after our Chapel visit to be conducted through to St Peters. We were not the only ones who could not find her and through asking and being directed, we ended up on the outside having to wait 1 1/2 hours in the queue to visit St Peters.Not what we paid for!!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

The tour was interesting however I found that it focused more on history as opposed to the legends and myths of the area. The guide was very knowledgeable but it was very hard to hear much of the information being given, it would have been easier if we had access to a microphone and headset like many tours nowadays in rome.

CityWondersCS, SCC Team at City Wonders, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Hello piggyyoung,

Thank you for your comments about this tour.

We are glad that you found the visit interesting, however we are very sorry to know that the content of this tour' stories was not as you expected.
This walking tour is meant to experience the heart of Rome, with the comments of an expert guide about both history and mistery legends, as advertised on the description of the tour in our webpage.
We also train our guides to share a variety of information with our guests but we apologize if you felt that it was more geared toward the history aspect and not the mistery-ghost stories.

Thank you again for your feedback and do not hesitate to contact us for further concern or information about our tours.

Kind Regards,

Sofia G, City Wonders Team

Reviewed 2 days ago

So if you plan on going to the Colosseum and Vatican in Rome, this is by far the way to do it. It's certainly pricier than doing it on your own, but the line to get in to the Colosseum alone was 3 hours long and that was on a non-busy day. There is a lot of knowledge and history and you must be prepared to walk ALL day. there is a 75 minute break in between the two tours. I recommend getting a taxi to the next location and grabbing a nice lunch to relax. Use the MYTAXI app or UBER - the taxi drivers will charge you more if you don't (they're not that honest) and make sure you ask if the restaurant accepts cards before you eat if you don't want to pay cash.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We went for the Coloseum tour with access to the arena and underground as well the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. Our guide Alba was extremely knowledgeable and engaging. The tour was long and she did a great job in sharing not just the ancient history of the sites, but also the multiple events that added layers upon layers of additional history. She was always available for questions.

The City Wonders crew were very caring and accommodating and I would recommend it without hesitation.

Reviewed 2 days ago

A lovely tour with a very informative guide !

The guide was very passionate and bursting with knowledge ! he had a great sense f humor and character trying to make all feel involved and engaged.

From the moment the tour started to the moment we finished our guide was always full of knowledge with a lot of charisma and passion to her job, without a guide like this the tour would be dull and pointless for myself as I am not that knowledgeable on the Vatican,

It was definitely an extensive 2.5 hour tour packed with knowledge and facts, as well as seeing all the art and architecture I really enjoyed the whole your and felt I got my moneys worth.

So IMHO if you are looking for a decent priced tour with a great guide look no further.

Thanks a lot.