“Colosseum semi private tour”
Review of City Wonders

City Wonders
Ranked #140 of 848 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: City Wonders Tours (formerly Dark Rome) offers special-access tours in Rome, the Vatican, Venice, Florence and Milan. We specialize in small, single language tours with Skip the Line Access at all major monuments and museums - making sure that you get the very best from every second of your vacation. As an Official Vatican Museums Partner, City Wonders offers No Wait Access at the Vatican Museums along with a number of exclusive and special-access tours. We also have special access to the Colosseum underground, third tier level and arena floor. As well as original walking tours, we offer a number of innovative day trips from Rome to Tuscany, Pompeii and Florence. In operation for over 10 years now, our focus on the little details, our excellent Customer Care team and our careful guide selection have made us one of the most popular tour operators in Rome - and we're still growing!
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Guide made you picture what it was like and answered any questions. Your was very professional and of course avoiding queues was good and even better was visiting the hidden parts

Write a ReviewReviews (13,785)
All reviews
"meeting point"
in 267 reviews
"local guide"
in 140 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 231 reviews
in 138 reviews
"three hours"
in 145 reviews

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I booked at home in the U.K. As was advised that queues to the Vatican Museums were huge (they were), and you never know if the company is any good when you book blind. The company were well organised and professional, instructions were very clear. Our guide, Maria Grazia was absolutely brilliant, enthusiastic knowledgeable and happy. Improvising when there was no space (it was incredibly busy) .. This was a passion for her and it showed and we benefited and had a fabulous experience. I would recommend this company to anybody and when we return will definitely use them again.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The group was a great size, we got to see areas that not all tourists get to see. The guide was informative, possibly too much information for tourists. A great experience, would recommend this tour to evreryone. we wished we had of used this tour company in Paris when we were there.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

What can I say? I've not stop raving about this tour to my friends. Pompeii was intriguing and the climb up Mt Vesuvius was tiring but amazing. But what struck me the most was the professional and passionate guides we had. Luciana and Giovanni - the bestest guides I ever had in all my travels. They gave great commentaries not only on the sights, but the culture and history of Italy. There were so many interesting facts they had shared which made the long bus journey extremely pleasant. I was fascinated by the passion they have for their job. They made sure we were well taken care of and were always looking out for us. Luciana just couldn't stop telling us about all that she knew and i very much would have been contented just listening to her! During the climb up Mt Vesuvius, I also saw Giovanni accompanying one of the members on the climb up as she was falling behind. This was after Giovanni had already started her descend. During the journey back, they were sure to come to each of us to answer all the questions we had; best gelato, best pasta, directions etc. This is definitely the highlight of my Italy trip. Thank you Luciana and Giovanni!