“Terrific restaurant - wide choice of pasta”

Spaghetteria L'Archetto
Ranked #3,331 of 13,954 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trevi
Description: Situato nel cuore del centro storico di Roma, a pochi passi dalla bellissima Fontana di Trevi, questa spaghetteria e pizzeria propone una cucina fantasiosa e ricche di proposte pensate e cucinate con fantasia dallo chef. Qui si possono degustare gli spaghetti in 100 modi diversi, tutti ottimi. Il locale effettua orario no-stop 12.00-01.00 ed è aperto dopo teatro.
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stumbled across this place by accident en route to my B&B from the Trevi Fountain.

The place was intimate, with good service and very, very good pasta dishes.

I had spagetti ala vodka and the wife had Cacio e Pepe.

Yum!

Date of visit: February 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (3,000)

Reviewed February 8, 2011

We had a wonderful meal . After an appetizer of bruschetta , we had spaghetti. My husband had the BU-BU and I had the Russi. The Russi has lemon, creme , caviar and parley. I would highly recommend it . . Evening menu with over 100 .. types of spaghetti is also one of the few places in Rome with the kitchen open until '1:00 ! Very close to the Trevi fountain. The service was wonderful. Our waiter went out of his way to make us special desserts. Try there panna Cotta with berries for dessert.

Date of visit: February 2011
Reviewed February 3, 2011

You definitely won't be let down with the menu choices. You feel as if you're reading a book as you review the various spaghetti dishes. The service is extremely slow - waiter didn't have much of a personaility, but the food was fantastic! We were seated in the basement - no windows. Great value and a must!

1  Thank Anna101010
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Come with patient, their menu is quite long with al least 8 pages full of different sauces for spaghetti. In a week in Rome we ate there 2 times - the 2nd time was because our choice of restaurant was closed on a Sunday evening and Spaghetteria L'Archetto was open and working.

As always there can be ups and downs in sauces used for pasta but the dishes we ate there including 1 pizza were excellent. I highly recommend the dish called "Erbe" - with spinach and cream. Their house wine is also great and cheap.

1  Thank offirc
Reviewed January 3, 2011

The food here was ridiculously bland. I've had better spaghetti out of a can. There were flies (in winter!) and the restroom was one of the filthiest I've used in Rome. No idea how this place had made it into the guidebooks.
Have a great time in Rome and save those precious euro for a better meal!

1  Thank TravelCuties