It's located about 200 meters from the Ottaviano Metro station. You wouldn't think it was the place if you don't see the number 9 on the side of the door to the building. Our room was also on the 6th floor but as soon as we got in the room, we were surprised - we asked for a quadruple room and what we got was practically a suite. It had two bedrooms, a kitchenette, a toilet and bath and a dining table. It wasn't luxurious or grand, but it was roomy and comfortable. After settling down, we were on our way to look around and St. Peter's Square was just about 200 meters away. Food was easy to come by as there are numerous pizzerias and restaurants in the area around the hotel's entrance. The place may not be glamorous but I would definitely book there again if I go back to Rome. An added bonus, Rafael, one of the staff, was very helpful and gave us tips on what to see in Rome and how to get around Rome. Angela, the other member of the staff, was just as helpful even if she didn't speak English. She tried her best to help and somehow, we understood each other and she was able to book us a taxi to the airport when we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Ancient Romance” is a bed and breakfast located in the wonderful, historical and artistic area of the Vatican City, in the hearth of ancient Rome. It is just 50 metres far from San Pietro square and the Vatican Museums. Our B&B has just been renovated and it is situated in a splendid late-19th-century building, in via Ottaviano, on a quiet pedestrian precinct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ancient Romance B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ancient Romance Hotel Rome
- Ancient Romance Bed And Breakfast