We stayed in this B&B for 3 nights. The location is amazing. 2 minutes to the tram in one direction, 2 minutes to the metro in the other, and 3 minutes from the Vatican.
The room was always very clean but the bed and the bathroom were disappointing. The bed was rather uncomfortable and the pillows were rock hard and incredibly thin - not great for bad backs. Perhaps worse was the bathroom. The actual room was quite clean but the water pump was amazingly loud. It woke me up several times in the night. In addition, for some reason on our second night, a smell (presumable from the drains) came into the room and were really rather unpleasant.
As for the breakfast, as several people have mentioned, it mainly consists of a cake that is left our all day and was there for all 3 days that we were there. In Rome, it's almost a shame not to have a cappuccino and a cornetto for breakfast, but the 5 - 10 euros should be added when considering the cost of this b&b.
That being said, the other rooms seemed nicer (possibly more comfortable?) and the location was great. I would probably stay again if the price was right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Ancient Romance” is a bed and breakfast located in the wonderful, historical and artistic area of the Vatican City, in the hearth of ancient Rome. It is just 50 metres far from San Pietro square and the Vatican Museums. Our B&B has just been renovated and it is situated in a splendid late-19th-century building, in via Ottaviano, on a quiet pedestrian precinct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Ancient Romance B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ancient Romance Hotel Rome
- Ancient Romance Bed And Breakfast