Hotel Re di Roma
Hotel Colosseum(Rome)
$181
$155
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
$147
$381
Autograph
  • Pool
1,369 results
All reviewsmetro stationcroissantshamgelatohotel is locatedbreakfast roomcomfortable hotelcoffee machinehotel staffcentre of romemin walktrip to romequiet streetbalconyvercellicheeseneighborhood
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I spent one day/night in this charming and comfortable hotel. The single room with a big double bed room on the last floor and a nice terrace was excellent. The hotel provides you with every confort and accessories in your room and of course the internet connection. Also, on the ground floor you find a lovely lounge room with the bar where to sip good drinks and relax. I really loved the furnitures and the design choosen for this splendid hotel that is also just 5 mins walking from the metro stop, and only about 4 metro stops to the city centre and the train station. Strategic!
The staff and the owner are extremely kind and caring. What else? I higly reccomend it for your journey in Rome.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2010

A true Gem! I was recommended to go here by my mother and on arrival with a hire car questioned my mums advice. Since her being there 3 years ago the area is a little run down and the hotel has no actual sign just its motif, so we circled it twice without knowing!

However once parking up (in the free parking spaces outside) we were greeted by friendly staff who spoke both English and Italian fluently. The staff member showed us to our room which was nice, explained breakfast and everything we may have needed to know and left us alone to unpack.

The room was stunning. Very modern, exceptionally clean, we also had a balcony (which we never actually used) but ideal for a drink or two in the evening. The bathroom was spacious too with a bath/shower and the cleaner even tidied any toiletries left on the bath to make it neat.

The staff were very helpful, we asked about restaurants and nightlife and their advice was spot on. If you want clubs rather than bars though, don't go in august!!!!

The hotel is situated as said before in a slightly run down area, however the metro (red) is 300m walk from the hotel and the last train is at 11:30pm. We were generally the only people getting off at the stop and never felt unsafe despite the shabby surroundings. If you stay out late a Taxi back rom Travestere and Trident is 12-14 Euros which was great.

To sum up, both me and my friend were very impressed and the ideal location to the metro made life so simple. A perfect hotel for staying in Rome!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Location: Excellent. There is a metro stop a block away, you can take the metro to any attraction you need cheaply and easily (someone mentioned it is a bit of a walk, but how much closer can you get than 190m?!). Another reviewer commented that they felt the neighborhood was a little unsafe, I guess it depends on what you’re used to, but I found the neighborhood extremely safe and didn’t have any worries at all, and I’m a petite woman.

Room/amenities: Modern decor, satellite TV, spacious bathroom for European standards, clean, good breakfast

Eating suggestions : cannot remember the names, but there is a gelato shop nearby that is open late that serves the best gelato I’ve had in all my travels, and there’s also place that sells pizza to go by weight (they’re both near the roundabout)

Overall: I would definitely stay here again, it much less expensive than the other hotels closer to the attractions (didn’t matter with the metro stop so close by), the rooms were great, and I found there were good eating options nearby since it’s in a more residential area and therefore doesn’t cater to tourists. Front desk staff was always very helpful with directions.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelandFoodLover06
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Very nice and clean hotel. The staff are friendly. Although a bit far from the metro but wouldn't mind if you like walking. Breakfast was plentiful and very good and its included in the price!!! We will be back again to this hotel next time we come to Rome, Italy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Couple_from_Cypress
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Good rooms, looked new!

Location is close to a metro station, though the street feels slightly uncomfortable to walk on at night. No incidents happened and we didn't see any rowdy characters. But the street is not well lit and felt a bit unsafe.

The front desk was pretty helpful.

Wi-fi was free but connectivity was a bit troublesome.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple